_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Huey and HMMWV dio.
KentuckyRegs
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 12:57 PM UTC
I need some ideas for a dio I'm going to do. I have a Huey and a special forces HMMWV I would like to include. I need a few ideas on what to do.

I have two ideas:

1. Crashed helicopter under enemy fire, HMMWV coming to pick up survivors

2. HMMWV crew under attack, Huey circles as air support.

which do you think is more intresting? Any better ideas? Let me know!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:41 PM UTC
Evacing a wounded SF operator from the Hummer? BTW, I think maybe the Huey was out of service when the SF started using the Hummer. They might have been going to Little Birds and Blackhawks by then.
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:47 PM UTC
I was looking around the net for some ideas and stumbled over these Huey pictures. Check them out: OPFOR HUEY

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:47 PM UTC
This might help. https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/6756&page=1ut.url.here

Although I would like to see the huey inthe air it seems easier to do one crashed both sound very interesting Ive started a hot LZ Dio but only have some of the ground and the huey done. You should get more help from the other guys.

PFC
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 02:03 PM UTC
Maybe you don't necessarily have to make such an action packed scene. Try this: A Huey just touched down and is loading a critically wounded soldier on a stretcher. The Hummvee brought the wounded soldier to the LZ and is sticking around to provide cover in case the bad guys show up.

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 02:09 PM UTC
Check this one out:

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 02:27 PM UTC
How about the Huey doing a sky lift (term?) on a skid bound HMMWV. You could add lots of extra details to the pallette and HMMWV. You could support the Huey with a wire rope that has 'just had the slack taken out' . If you want figures you could have the ground crew assisting and maybe the flight engineer (term?) leaning out of the Huey.
KentuckyRegs
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe you don't necessarily have to make such an action packed scene. Try this: A Huey just touched down and is loading a critically wounded soldier on a stretcher. The Hummvee brought the wounded soldier to the LZ and is sticking around to provide cover in case the bad guys show up.

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC

I like that, I think it would be a lot more realistic too. Thanks for the help.

What would be the best armament to have on the vehicles. I was thinking a door gunner in the Huey with an M60 (or maybe just a slick with medivac badging?) and a .50 cal on the HMMWV.

Also, would the DML 1/35 DELTA FORCE team be a good choice for the SF in the HMMWV??

Thanks for any comments!
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:59 PM UTC
Was the UH-1 rated to sling load a HMMWV? Curious as I don't ever recall seeing that being done. (?)

That baby strained with a full squad and crew, but ya just gotta love that Huey! I'll miss them when they're gone.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 01:12 PM UTC
No it wasnt Keefe.

I like the medevac idea so far out of the choices.Another idea would be have the Hummer going down a dirt road and the Huey is parallel to the Hummer transporting troop support.Be pretty sweet,have some telephone poles or something like that on the road.In fact you could do a Desert Storm dio because they had stuff like that going on all the time.
 _GOTOTOP