Bedford Underway
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 07:53 AM UTC
Greeting all,

Now the boats are complet I've started on the first of the trucks for pier 51.

A lot of work to do here, so I hope it truns out OK in the end. When I glued the to parts of the back axle together one end went super soft and almost melted :-) :-) :-) . That got me off to a good start I had to cut the part off and strengthen it with some wire and super glue the whole lot together again.

Have cut down a cab to accept the hard top and I'm just working on that and the chassis at the moment. I haven't finally settled on the style of rear end I'll use.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures:

Cheers

Al

old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:01 AM UTC
Excellent work Al, as always.
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 05:54 PM UTC
I see you gott'er started... The problem with your axel seems a classic problem with some of the old plastics... No worries, sounds like you handeled it well. No one will ever see it anyway! Saw the update from Glenn on the other site. I can't wait to see how he handles the top of the lighthouse... His creativity is awesome!

Paul
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 06:58 PM UTC
Afternoon all,

Hi Bob,

There's a lot in this kit and quite a few changes need to be made so fingers crosses it works out OK.

Hi Paul,

Yip first truck is underway. Saw the Generator room as well, It's looking great, just the business. Only thought was re the colour?

Yip the top of the lighthouse will be something else given the outstanding work so far. I'll be watching to see how he handles it, but I have no doubts that it will be awesome.

Cheers guys

Al
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:18 PM UTC
Hi Alan,

Is this the old Italeri kit, something other or a mixing of Italeri and AM? I have just managed to aquire one old, sealed one but the cabin top is different, that's the desert type canvas.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi Laszlo,

It's the old Italeri kit No 241 for the Gun Portee version. The cab is from Accurtet Armour and Plus Models also do a QL Drivers cab which looks better I think.

I'm hoping to build this:

" TARGET="_blank">

If that works out reaonably well, then I have anther conversion I want to try also.

It's a nice enought old kit but not always clear from the instructions exactly how the parts need placed.

Cheers

Al
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 01:13 AM UTC
Yes, it's very nice, I had built it some 15 years ago, but since then there were three removals and all of my former kits has gone. I has started again a year before and try to collect my old favourites.
Brigandine
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 553 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 07:24 AM UTC
Looking good so far. Nice to see a couple of British softskins; shame there aren't more kitsets available.

I have another LRDG Chevy, with the intention of mating it to a 20mm Breda...
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 04:45 PM UTC
Hi Jeff,

Well we shall se how it works out. After studying the photo I posted again LOL, LOL I've opted for a slightly different version more like this:

I wanted to have a wooden sided vehicle and the shape is a bit more pleasing, it also means not having to extend the chassis.

Anyway, the saw has come out for better or worse, and I've made the side and front and rear panels. The AA cab comes with the fitting for the spare wheel and things seem to fit in more or less the right place.

If I make reasonable progress today I'll post some pictures later.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP