_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Factory Built HMMWV Gun Truck
GaryGore
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 08:34 PM UTC
Hello.

First time post. I'm getting back into modeling after a 10 year break. I figure I'd start smaller and work my way back up.

I'd like to do an OIF HMMWV GunTruck, but one from this company, not a field modified version.

http://www.milsysgroup.com/MSG_Armored_Gun_Truck_Variant.htm

I'm wondering if anyone has seen any of these in Iraq? I've seen many of there parts in use on various SF HMMWV, but no pictures of the truck complete.
GaryGore
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 09:13 PM UTC

Thank you.

1/24th is a bit bigger than I'm looking for, but there 1/35th stuff would be of a great help in the future. Thank you for the link.
Cookie
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 588 posts
Armorama: 490 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 01:57 AM UTC
This is amazing news ill keep a carefull watch for these items

Cookie
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 03:07 AM UTC
Cool new convertions, I'm a big fav of conversions on jeeps, and now the new wars bring out new and exciting models onto the battlefield.
Makes us modelers verry happy :-)

greetz Peter
SpcBoal
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 06:41 PM UTC
My son is a 50 caliber gunner on a HUMVEE gun truck, currently in Iraq with the 1st Cav Division. The HUMVEE gun trucks have been changed numerous times. So there are numerous versions. If you look at photos that are a year old they will not be of what is currently used. And who knows, in another year, they may further modify the set-up. Early gun trucks were set-up more with field modifications that varied from unit to unit. The current versions appear to be factory made with an actual turret vs. a simple gun shield. I may be able to get photos showing the current set-up with turret details (I'm not sure if this would violate security restrictions-before I promise something I may not be able to deliver). My other son was a HUMVEE gunner in Afghanistan early in that war. Their set-ups were primitive compared to current Iraq. Different war-different requirements. Our military rapidly responds to enemy tactics and quickly changes our tactics to counter the enemy (contrary to what the media is saying) This is why so many changes. This is my first post here, I'm not sure how to post photos (if available-not violating military security and requested) or if I could e-mail them to you. Advise and I'll see if I can get photos.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 06:56 PM UTC
SpcBoal,

I just sent you a PM.
SpcBoal
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 11:46 PM UTC

My apologizes to all for suggesting I might be able to obtain photos of the current HUMVEE gun trucks. I have been advised that I would be risking the lives of our brave soldiers by posting this, should the enemy find the detailed photos. I have no desire to do that. I am an American and would never do anything to risk the lives of the troops. Anyone interested in this subject can find photos (approved by DOD) on the Army Times website. Click on FRONTLINE PHOTOS for a daily slide show.

Spc Don Boal
cahilj
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 02:11 PM UTC
Check out www.ibistek.com.
 _GOTOTOP