_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMOM - pzcreations 2
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 01:24 AM UTC
Heres my 2nd entry. This is Dragons "Premium" Nashorn. A few details were added to the kit. I used TMDs Fug 5 radio, along with a few small additions, gas mask canister, rolled stored canvas covers, brass amm from the spares box (yes, I was able to fit two side by side with the kit p/e parts. I also replaced all the tarp tie down loops with copper wire, and added the foliage wire to the sides. I also replaced the gunners seat springs with coiled wire.
more photos can be found here.

http://panzercreations.fotopic.net/c1125252.html

biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 04:02 AM UTC
two beauties this month tim i especially like this nashorn, i have it in the pile awaiting its turn how was it to build as if i need ask heh im really looking forward to mine, fantastic job and gl with this and your tiger.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 05:38 AM UTC
Hey, thanks Ron, The two parts that I really found difficult, or tricky were the p/e etch intakes on the side. Those took a bit of prefitting and planning before actually glueing. The whole assembly kid of interlocks with each other and its hard to find the "right" steps to assemble it in. The other was the ammo rack. Some very small fidly parts. In order to fit the correct amount of shells in 1 bin, I had to use all the parts Dragon supplies for both bins. Just placed two side by side instead of one as Dragon suggests. The only drawback is one bin has to be closed. Other than that, everything else was pretty straight forward, but a better improvement than the original issue of the Nashorn. Though, if ever I build another I'll surely go for the Lionroar or Voyager p/e sets.
 _GOTOTOP