_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM - Bulivyf 2
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 04:04 AM UTC

kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 07:30 AM UTC
Nice work Milo! Now you have two great builds to pick from

Is that the Acadamy kit? I had one in my hand today but wasn't sure of how they built up.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 08:07 AM UTC
Yup, looks great. Milo did the Tamiya M2A2 ODS kit though. I think Academy's is better, with one major drawback.

Tamiya's and Academy's newest M2A2s are both M2A2 ODS vehicles that are currently in use and were used in the late '90s as well. The main difference is that the Tamiya one best represents a partially rebuilt to ODS standard M2A2. Academy's represents a new-build M2A2 ODS. To me, Academy's is a better kit since it has some of Tamiya's issues fixed, sort of. For example, while still not deep enough, the drive sprockets have lightening holes, as opposed to Tamiya's solid dish sprockets. It also has most of the ODS upgrade pieces already in the kit, unlike Tamiya's, which only has a few ODS upgrades. The major drawback to the Academy kit is that it still has the old-style chevron block track, and to add further insult to injury, they are molded with the rubber pads 180 degrees out. You can replace the tracks with Blast resin ones, buy a set of rubber-band square block ones from Tamiya for about $5 + shipping, buy a set of the rediculously priced Fruil metal ones, or AFV Club is releasing a plastic indi-link square block set soon as well.

Both will benefit from Pawel's Bradley upgrade article.

Here are reviews on each from PMMS.

Academy M2A2 OIF
Tamiya M2A2 ODS

_GOTOTOP