_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Lebanese/Syrian T-55 question
toby2282
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 02:48 PM UTC
Hello,

I am going to start my first T-55 build soon using the following;
Tamiya T-55A
CMK T-55 Interior
Part Etched set
Aber barrel

I have a few references for pics such as Battles of the Mid East Wars Pt 2, T-55 in Southern Lebanon, the WWP T-55 book and other photos etc off internet. I want to depict a battered vehicle that has seen some combat and is to be heavily weathered with dust. I haven't yet bought the T-55 in Lebanon book but I am going to get it for Christmas. Is it to be recommended ( I have read the review on PMMS) or are there others that are better?

Would Syrian and Lebanese forces be using T-55A's in the early 1980's or do I need to reconsider?

Any suggestions regarding the build are welcomed, as I was going to buy the Eduard barrel but struggled to find any reviews of the aftermarket stuff. (Apart from PMMS)

Thanks

Toby
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 03:32 AM UTC
The T-55's in Lebanon book is probably the best non-internet source. Most T-55 literature is fairly out of date.

I do not know if the Eduard Barrel for the T-55 is accurate. I have not seen any reviews either. The Aber barrel should be good, especially if it is meant for the Tamiya kit.

I would assume that Syrian and Lebanese forces woudl still be using T-55's in the 1980's. They are still in use today in many other parts of the world.

Your list of kit/detail sets looks good. Have fun, the Tamiya T-55 kit is a good build, so it should be no problem.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC
Make sure you check the CMK box when you first get your hands on it, mine had two missing "sprues" containing about 8 little parts.

cheers
 _GOTOTOP