RA 15cwt RT Truck Some Progres Pics
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 10:52 PM UTC
Greetigns all,

Some progress pics on the 15 cwt RT Truck.

I chose the radio colour form lookng at several orignaa pics that show the colour either a light greenish colour or a light greyish/blue colour.

The radios sets are No 19 and No 22.

Cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 02:21 AM UTC
Hi Derek,

Though about green as my first option, but as the dio is not a historical piece, a little bit of artistic licence on the colour. The green I saw was that sickley light green and not Dark Green or OD. Some of the faces seemed to be cream/buff in colour also.

Re the power source, someone kindly sent me a picture of the Chargehouse which was stored in a box under the chassis just behind the drivers cab. I can't see too clearly, the box may be bigger than the one that exsists on the truck now?

For an antenna mount I used one from the Bren Carrier fixed to the back of the cab and connected to a junction box under the table, not having seen reference of the real thing.

For Reference Only:

Chargehouse Box

Still some personal equipment/boxes to add and possibly some reels if I can find them, plus some S1 numbers on the doors.

I might use the Radio Op figure from the Bren kit or just leave it without an antenna as it will be parked for loading.

A little more weathering on the tyres and it should be pretty much done.

Having searched for about 10 days to try and find where I'd stores the side windows I made some new ones on Sarurday evening. 5 minutes after I had fitted them I found the old ones when I was looking for something else :-) :-) :-) - Murphy's Law.

I had though of using some tank cleaning rods to represent stored poles, what do you think??

The later versions had a specific Canvas cover that could be erected as a 'Ground Station' by adding on some sides, but I think this one will be OK as is.

Cheers

Al

Thanks for all your help.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 03:49 AM UTC
Hi Derek,

Thanks for that.

Cheers