Hosted by Darren Baker
AFV Club announces LVTH6
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:17 AM UTC
I have been wondering what the next Vietnam-era kit release would be...

On the always amazin' Perth site, AFV Club has announced and LVTH-6 Howitzer amatrac...this is a great use of the existing molds. I only hope that they will release the LVTE engineer version with the big plow --- this would have been my preference, but hey, I'm still gonna buy the howitzer version!

Now if we can ever get their new M-42 Duster and the rumored M-50 Ontos on the shelves, we'd be stylin'!

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/newf.htm

Click on AFV Club for the pictures... Having just finished "Praying for Slack," the story of Marine amtrackers, this is fortuitous for my interests...

Now if only we can get Trumpeter to make a PACV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much Aloha,

John B.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:35 AM UTC
It was announced a few days ago. It does look great though. May be on the list to get.
jvazquez
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:57 AM UTC
Amazing when you look at those old Amtracs that they actually could float. they look they were molded from a giant slab of cheese.

May do it although I'm waiting for their Styker as well as Dragons and the Stuart! That Stuart will go great with a Tarawa Sherman!
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 05:53 AM UTC
Well,there is an A/M engineer update available,by Hobbyfan i think.I will get this kit.The original was a piece of cake to build.I was very happy with it.
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 08:25 AM UTC
Indeed, Carl, there is an AM set available from Hobby Fan, but it features a winch, which I believe was for retreival purposes. Alas, it is not the cool Engineer version with the potato digger plow up front.

The Engineer version of this vehicle was featured in "Apocalypse Now" (incorrectly as an Army vehicle, along with an M-41 serving as a flame tank) and in "The Boys in Company C" (this time as a Marine vehicle, but in turn, this film also had the Marines riding M-113s at one point)... All Phillippine Army (ex US) vehicles, I believe. Good films, too!

Yeah, James, this track is a real Beast --- always reminded me of a giant steel Shoebox! Ya gotta love it! Suprised it never got a nickname.

YepI, too am psyched for the Stryker and the Stuart, to name a few --- got the Dragon the M2 halftrack and Tarawa M4A2 on order...ouch, my aching wallet! These are great but expensive(!) times for us modellers!!
Too many new kits, too little time and money! I can think of worse problems...

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
sarge18
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:07 AM UTC
Add into the list from Hobby Fan of the quad .50 trailer, as well as the maintenance version of the AAAV.

Just received a set of their Bradley tracks, going to see if I can figure out how to do the review thing here. Look good.
Jed
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:30 AM UTC
This is definately a must have. I don't care too much for the personnel version, but I love the fire support versions.

Tom
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:44 PM UTC
You are correct, Gary. My mistake!!

What I meant to reference was: "Casting Alpha: Amtracs in Vietnam" by James Kelly, which was the Marine amtracker book and also an excellent read, especially if you think amtracs are cool...

Apologies for the wrong reference (my son is teething and sleep has once again become a dim memory!!), amigos.

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
janwillem
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,236 posts
Armorama: 700 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 01:01 AM UTC
also nice to see that they are doing a new up-to-date YPR 765, seeing to firs one was a old model. And it is a dutch version again saves me having to scratch build al the new stuff
 _GOTOTOP