_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tracks for R/C Tiger I?
DUBDUBS
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 624 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 11:09 AM UTC
I bought the Tamiya 1/35 tiger radio controlled tank. it comes with rubber-band style treads. are there any affordable indidual link, moveable treads that are durable nough to withstand off-road use?

-Thanks
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:58 PM UTC
William
Found these guys at the hobby show in Toronto a few weeks ago.. they were selling RC tanks like crazy. I did notice some metal track upgrades. I haven't had much of a chance to poke around their site but you may find something there to help you out...

http://www.matotoys.com

Dave
DUBDUBS
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 624 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 07:29 AM UTC
Thanks, great site
panzernuts
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 08:15 PM UTC
Mato does not provide tracks for 1/35 scale, they only have 1/16 tracks.
Personally, I think the quality for Mato is low. Even though Mato said that they are in Canda, but the real story is that the original head office is in China.
http://www.toys-cn.com/
They just copied Heng Long, another low quality 'toy".
But for that kind of price, I cannot complain. But I did stop buying Heng Long's toy, and never did buy any Mato.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:55 AM UTC
Metal tracks may be too heavy for the RC gearbox to turn. I do not think there are any workable plastic individual tracks that are strong enough to withstand the torque an RC tank will put on them.
Cactus999
Visit this Community
Vilnius, Lithuania
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006 - 03:01 AM UTC
Metal track links are quite workable, but add lots of load and stress to other components. It highly depends how much offroad you wanna go. For gente driving, in scale maner, model kasten with pins replaced with metal ones (driled thru) will work a threat, as they are lighter than metal ones. The metal ones are nicer, and with upgraded geartrain will work nicely, but take into concideration its gonna be tuffiest part of your tank, so everything else in suspension is candidates to damage. Rubber tracks usualy take stress themself, saving other parts. you might offen drop rubber track, but it will save you from broken suspension.
 _GOTOTOP