_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Purple Hearts T-34
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 06:01 PM UTC
Hi all
Heres my entry for the PH campaign
a slightly damaged T-34,a combination of Mig productions and Verlinden resin kits.
It was painted using Revell #84 as a base coat, then several different Mig pigments were used to get the final 60 year old rusted effect.
The grass is a hanging basket liner from B&Q cut to suit,the flowers are Gypsophila (million stars) painted with acrylic yellow.
The medal is a 60th anniversary of the battle of Kursk.
This is my first dio (I think I've caught the dio bug now :-) )and I really enjoyed building it,slowly watching it come to life

Hope you like,any comments most welcome
Andy
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 06:12 PM UTC
Slightly? :-) It looks really beaten up :-) :-) Well done matey. I like it being clean.

Some parts doesn't quite fit in. Add some more grass and weeds on the tank. I've seen several abandoned cars in my environment and even just after five years or so, the whole car is covered up with weeds and tall grass,

Also, the white engine/tranny?? looks a bit unused even for a 60 year long period. How bout dirtying it up a bit?
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 09:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Also, the white engine/tranny?? looks a bit unused even for a 60 year long period. How bout dirtying it up a bit?

Hi Ralph ,thanks for the comments ,the tranny and engine block castings are aluminium on the real 34's,and after years of being exposed to the elements,take on a very pale grey,almost white colour ,with a powdery texture,oil stains would have been washed away by rain,snow etc.
I have pics of WWII wrecks in a pretty much "undergrown" state as this,plus I didn't want to cover the thing tooooo much
Cheers
Andy

tony55
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 09:29 PM UTC
Very nice Andy. You obviously enjoyed this one. I like the couple (Man/Girl) watching the tank. Nice touch.
Cheers

Tony
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hi Andy,

Spectacular mate! If this doesnt tell a story of the hardships it went through, i dont know what will.

The grandfather and little girl figure was a very nice touch.

Congratulations on completing the campaign!!

Dont forget to move the photo into the campaign folder if you havent already done so.
 _GOTOTOP