_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help & Advice needed for dry transfers
Javlin813
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 11:08 PM UTC
Hi All!

I'm currently working on my entry for the Meow Campaign, Dragon's Tiger (P). I decided to use Archer's dry transfers instead of the decals in the kit. I applied the "003" to the rear of the hull and am unhappy with it. I'm dissatisfied for two main reasons. 1. The placement and application could have been better. 2. After double checking my references, I think that the transfer is dimensionally inaccurate. It is too large.

So here is where I need help. Is there a way to remove the dry transfer?...without damaging the paint job? I would really like to replace it with the kit decals.
Now is where I need advice. If I can't remove the dry rub transfer, should I continue to use the oversized "003"'s on the turret to maintain consistency or should I use the more accurate kit decals? I'm personally leaning toward using the kit decals but I'm not sure how this might look.

Thanks for the help!

Scott
MGard
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 11:28 PM UTC
You can easily remove the dry transfers by putting a piece of tape over them and pulling them off. You can use regular Scotch type tape to do this.

Mike
Javlin813
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 03:31 AM UTC
Thank you, Mike. It worked like a charm.

Scott
 _GOTOTOP