Armor/AFV: 48th Scale
1/48 scale discussion group hosted by Rob Gronovius
Hosted by Darren Baker
Propaganda Kompany
48modeler
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 04:24 PM UTC
Has anyone heard about about the disposition of the Propaganda Kompany? Read several months ago that the owner was shutting down operations due to poor health. Website indicated that parts or whole of the company was up for sale. No takers that I've heard of?

It's a shame to have this firm go away! Great 1/48 figures and some nice armor too!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 11:28 PM UTC
Propaganda Kompanie is indeed back in business with a detail set for Corgi's US halftrack, and a set of German motorcycle troops (which might be disappointing!). At http://www.track48.com Look in the discussion forum section.
LSOCV171945
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 02:49 AM UTC
The guy that runs PK is a thief. i ordered from him in November and used payPal to pay him. Bad choice of payment. Here it is February and still no order. Emails go unanswered. Deal with caution with these guys and pay by credit card..
tinbanger
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 04:37 AM UTC
I got ripped by this guy at the end of last year.
Paid by Paypal and no model motor cycle deliverd
Maxymilian
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 05:18 AM UTC
Nothing easier to sort than, open a dispute through paypal and they will give you your money back.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 01:55 PM UTC
I had to open a paypal dispute too, but I did get my items. Unfortunately, I've heard many problems from people. I would only order through ebay/paypal to ensure you get your items and timely. The detail is nice but also fragile so many rifles end up broken. I think Marc tries his best but he must be a busy guy.
timyeh
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 03:51 PM UTC
Do not buy from him!!!!!
I've ordered the AAVP from him with paypal.
On the order it states that it would take about month and half to produce. Coincidentally that is the duration of Paypal dispute period. So after 45 days, no model, no more communication, and dispute period to Paypal expires as well as negative feedback for Ebay expires. Ok Ebay does not expire til 60 days but the owner Marc kept on promising until I was no longer able to give him negative feedback.

Tim
tinbanger
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 10:20 PM UTC
Nice company!
NOT!
GastonMarty
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 - 05:37 AM UTC

It is a weird company to deal with: I received my 1/48th Opel eight bolt resin wheel items (nicely done) after a very long 8-10 weeks wait: Long but understandable, given that he seems to mould them only upon receipt of the order.

What I liked the least about this transaction is that the mailing charge was $30 instead of the more usual $10-12, but nobody else did 8 bolt wheels at the time (over 2-3 years ago) and I knew up front about the mailing price.

What is really weird is that I received the same order AGAIN a year or even more later: I don't think he charged my card again: I think it was just confusion on his part...

I am happy with the wheels (his Steyr 1500 resin ladder chassis was nice, but not strikingly useful), but I would not order from him again unless the item was really important and had no one else to source it from.

Gaston
timyeh
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 - 01:30 PM UTC
Despite my criticism of this company earlier he did come thru with the product although 6 months later.
I was very surprised when the package came thru the mail as I've written it off as an internet scam. Was it worth the wait?
I would say yes as nobody else (at the time) had a 1/48 LVTP.
The details are very nice with the correct scale thickness.
Only complain is the brittleness of his products.
Would I recommend Propaganda Kompany?
I would say yes if you do not mind the long wait.
I've ordered from him 3 times already and he does fullfill.
aussiemodeler
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 10:38 PM UTC
i ordered the m113 and v100 from them in jan 2010 and it only took a month to get here (australia) i have bought lots of kits off ebay and i know post can be slow if by ship and it must sometimes get waylayed at times and take a long time.
 _GOTOTOP