_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
HUNNICUTT BOOK REPRINT??
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 08:23 AM UTC
I am soliciting the active involvement of the Modern US Armor types to get the Patton book reprinted or reissued as an e-book. There are other Hunnicutt books that are also out of print. While some criticize the books for minor inaccuracies, they are the definitive source for modelers. I have emailed the publisher about these books, requesting a reprint/ebook or something. Click on the link balow to email them.

The book Patton, the History of the American Main Battle Tank has been out of print for some time and sells for between $300 and $1000... even I am not crazy enough to spend that!!

http://www.randomhouse.com/BB/aboutus/contact_us.html #:-)
M4A1-M4A3
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 12:17 AM UTC
Not to blast your pricing but I purchased the Patton for $135, a week ago, and Fire power for $85, off of book dealers in California, the books were in very good plus shape, with only a minor tear to the dust jacket.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not to blast your pricing but I purchased the Patton for $135, a week ago, and Fire power for $85, off of book dealers in California, the books were in very good plus shape, with only a minor tear to the dust jacket.

Dang It! I've been looking for a good deal on PATTON...

Gunnie
Scott
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 03:19 AM UTC
Lucky me, I have the Patton and the Abrams titles. Stoopid me, I passed a long time ago on the Sherman book. I'm all for reprinting the suckers, as it's been a bug hunt trying to find the Sherman book. I live, but I never bleeding learn: buy it when one sees it.
Regards,
Scott
M4A1-M4A3
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 05:30 AM UTC
Well hope this well help, since both of you helped in the past. Check out abebooks.com, I check there every day, a week or two back they had the Stuart, and the Sheridan Vol.1 first printing and signed ........................both for $225, needless to say I was not fast enough to jump on it, day late dollar short.
They are not new, but the ones I have picked up are very good plus condition with only problems to the dust jacket. And just to let any one who is interested I am looking for the Stuart, Abrams, and Sheridan vol.1 if you want to sell.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 08:37 AM UTC

Thought the Sherman book was still in print.

Picked up a new copy for $50 a few months ago. It was a sale on the normal $75 price. Good deal for such a big volume.

It is a great book, although it certainly doesn't replace my other Sherman references.

If you look long enough, I think you can get the Patton book for much less than $300. I see so many used book dealers with outragous prices. But, if people will pay it...

Steve
 _GOTOTOP