_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
problem with "latest posts" and my home page
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 09:46 PM UTC
I dont know if anyone else is having this problem, but every time I click on "latest posts" and come to the message boards, my home page gets switched to "www.7667.com" which is some chinese or japanese web site with peoples pictures on it. I checked to see if some other web site was causing this, but it only happens when I click on the message boards on this site. anyone else having this problem? Or even better a solution to this problem???
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 09:52 PM UTC
Gary - Snap! Same problem... Simply go to your browser, right-click on it, go to 'properties' and change it back to the default start page...
troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 11:13 PM UTC
Thanks Jim. I did that, but every time I come back, the same thing happens all over again. I dont get it LOL Some of those japanese girls are cute, but I cant read Japanese LOL This is really gonna look bad if my wife sees it! LOL
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 12:39 AM UTC
Gary,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the behaviour you are describing can only be the work of a virus or macro that has keyed in on a frequent page you visit and done a 'switcharoo' in real-time on that link. Is the LP page your homepage?

Jim
troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the behaviour you are describing can only be the work of a virus or macro that has keyed in on a frequent page you visit and done a 'switcharoo' in real-time on that link. Is the LP page your homepage?

Jim

Yeah, I agree JIm. It does sound like a virus. I just ran Norton and came up with nothing though. However, who is to say if Norton will even pick it up. What is strange is that it only switches my home page over to www.7667.com when I come here and click on latest posts. I tried resetting my home page to my normal homepage (www.comcast.net) about 4 times, and to the default page a few times too. Then I surfed a bunch of differant other sites, and it never changed. However, I just came here, and now its back to www.7667.com again LOL I really think its a problem with my machine at this point. If no one else is experiencing this, its definitely not armorama. I guess I will either have to find it or learn to speak Japanese LOL Cause I cant live without my daily visits to Armorama LOL Thanks for the help!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 01:39 AM UTC
Gary this actually doesn't sound like the work of a virus but more of a spyware. I'd recommend that you download softwares like AdAware, update the definitions and then run a full scan.

Also if you are the type that constantly clicks on the YES button when a popup comes up advising you that you have to install stuff before being able to view items on a web page, i would think twice and click on CANCEL on most times.

The only time i click on YES is when its related to macromedia flash.
 _GOTOTOP