_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
afv_rob 'Humvees'- Special Forces Dumvee
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2006 - 08:56 PM UTC
My god, I actually have an update! This has to be the longest and yet easiest scratchbuilds ever and ive just been so lazy and distracted by other things. But hey I did add some resin wheels the other day, that took a long time what with having to pop them in the rubber caps and all that :-)

Anyway, yes, Most of the conversion is scratchbuilt except for some resin bits taken from Pro Arts humvee interior set, some all the dumvee bits ive had to make. Ive added the side armor panels and the rear stowage rack, the heavy duty bumper is from Mr Models. Ive still got to add lots of details to the interior and some bits in the rear cargo area, aswell as all the communications equipment, thats the bit im least looking forward to becuase it all needs to be wired up correctly. Enjoy the pics and if you have any questiosn feel free to ask.

troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2006 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hey Rob,

Its looking VERY good so far! The scratch work is very well done. I had faith in ya. I knew not even women could keep you away from modelling LMAO Besides, if you didnt finish this one for your own campaign, you know I was never gonna let you live it down! :-) Well, cant wait to see it finished.

Gary

PS - I liked the sun visors! I added that to the M1044 IM working on, and I didnt think anyone else would think of that! But, you da man!
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 04:21 AM UTC
I didn't even notice the visors until Gary mentioned them, I just didn't look because I wasn't expecting anything there. Very nice addition, and excellent detail all around. Can't wait to see more of it.
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 07:53 PM UTC
Nice building.....more or less like the grom's humvee....When it's ready post update!!

Ciro
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 09:24 PM UTC
Nice! Bring on the paint! (so to speak)
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 11:33 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys!

Gary-As campaign leader its my duty, women or no women!! haha. Ive got a complete diagram from the tech manual on how to fit those sun visors so there was no way I could leave them off!

John-I really cant wait to paint it either, after readin MIGs FAQ book I ahve plenty of techniques im going to try out on it-shoud be fun!
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 10:14 AM UTC
Looking good Rob, great start. Love your interior communications equipment, I only wished asked or learned more about such equipment. What did you use for you bolt heads. The box…is that something often used, and will all the radio equipment be placed in to it. Looking forward to the painting. Hey, I took your advice and added a few more things and that laptop to mine.

Joe
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 01:35 PM UTC
Thanks Joe, your Dumvee looks fantastic by the way-spot on!!! I love the laptop you made, im going to try and make one for this.

The box I believe is pretty much fitted in all these dumvees (cant say for certain becuase spec ops info is classified) , its just fitted on top of the radio shelf and the radio goes inside, there is also a GPS fitted to the side of it, you can see it on mine to the right of the box, ive also seen that they pile up laptops and additional comms gear on top of these boxes. Im away for a few days but if you like I can share some pics of the real things and some otehr peoples model pics with you when I get back.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 01:46 PM UTC
That interior looks awesome Rob. This looks to be one damn fine build. Can't wait to see this baby all dressed up
 _GOTOTOP