_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
handling the gallery
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:21 AM UTC
like I had handling problems when I first encountered the photo gallery it seems that all of my internet friends whom I recommended armorama have the same problems. it could be that this is a "european" problem, as these guys come from europe.
using a "unisys" system at work I meanwhile know about the different approaches europeans and americans have and that it is essential to think the american way to understand at least "our" unisys system and a bit of armorama as well. ( joke...)
armorama is one of the view, if not the sole site, where the picture gallery is organized different, in albums which are filed one after each other. this confused me in the beginning, as after klicking on one album, another album appeared and after klicking on that, even more albums showed up, but not exactly telling, what is included.
this is a different approach for the fast browsing internet-junkie, who is used to click on foto-gallery and gets a list of the pictures to expect and thus can choose accordingly.
I prepared little quickies for my friends, so hat they can navigate through the foto-gallery and would like to ask if "the board" believes that such a feature should be squeezed in, or
that my firends are simply too stupid and navigating through the albums should be self explanatory enough.
I also would like to know if it is ever intended to give a summarization of the pics available, so that people have an overview what they can expect.

regards-werner

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:31 AM UTC
Werner,
I think that one of the shortcomings in the gallery program is that there is not enough of a difference (when you look at them) between the albums and the single pictures. I will take a look at this to see if I can add something that will alert users more that there are additional pics below each album.

As to your last question about the summerization. Other than the album description, there really isn't an easy way to list or do dynamic displays of the gallery content. It's a sore point with me that may eventually make me look at other options. This program however is one of the best out there, so right now I don't think there are many "other" options.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:15 AM UTC
Werner,
Thanks for the push as I have been meaning to try to fix that issue of an "album vs. a photo" thing. See my results in the gallery. I think that will help.

Jim
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:50 PM UTC
this "fix" looks pretty and should help us europeans getting around with the albums!! hahahaha

regards, werner
 _GOTOTOP