_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Hooray for Hollywood ---Mother
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 11:26 AM UTC
Ok here is my Hooray for Hollywood entry. It’s a short scene from one of my very favorite funny movies. My goal was not to have it look so serious, I wanted it to look a little comic like. The house is made from cardboard and plastic painted in Tamiya’s paints. The car is a old kit from Revell also painted in Tamiya’s paints, and weathered with chalk. The car parts are from the parts box and the do-dads like the dear head and skulls were made from clay. It thought it be funny to through in a few pictures into the windows. In all I had a great time with this and I got to watch the movie again! Now I know it’s not 100% correct…it is darn close.

I call it “ I’m your sister, I’m your sister…I’m your sister”

Now it’s not the name of the movie and for those who do know remember…shhhh, it’ll be revealed in the next 2 weeks. Enjoy

Joe

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 05:50 PM UTC
I love the house and I love the car. They do work together. I'd like to hear about the details on the house. I like the 'look' of the house, it does have the comic feel to it and its well done. The car is cool and looks the part. My only nit-pic is the dusty wheels, they don't look comic enough. IMHO they step one step to close to real as compared to the house.

Glad you had fun, it looks like you should have.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 10:59 AM UTC
Good work Mother. "I can totally see down your shirt!" :-)

Patrick
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:56 AM UTC
i'm watching a movie on tv right now- and then i looked at this thread... at the movie... at the thread... it's the same one!!! i love it! good work and i'm so excited to start seeing the projects roll in. thanks for participating!
 _GOTOTOP