_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
True Confessions
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:21 AM UTC
Ok, I confess. My kids talked me into it...there was that article in FSM...I thought I could stop whenever I wanted to...I didn't think it would hurt to build just one...

I built a Gundam. It was with my kids, we each had one...(Mine was the MG sort, expensive, but really good stuff, man...). Kinda fun actually, and it has the kids interested in modelling. My older son actually came back and broke out the paints to spiff his up. Of course, theirs are TOYS now. I promised myself I would build it right out of the box, but at every turn were opportunities for scratching...hey, these things go together without glue, so I can come back later...

Am I still allowed to post on the Armor page? I promise I'll work on my Brad next...
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Am I still allowed to post on the Armor page? I promise I'll work on my Brad next...

Hmmm...we'll have to think about that...LOL

I saw that article in there too. They do look pretty cool. One thing's for sure, if it gets kids into the hobby or at least interested in building kits...GREAT!!! I'm all for it.

Too bad we don't have any kids yet...I just can't go get one and say it's really for me.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:58 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Too bad we don't have any kids yet...I just can't go get one and say it's really for me.

Ken...you could always say it's research for Armorama.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 07:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

No you must find "RX-75 Guntank", this is the one my 5 yr old and I picked out. Robot upper body mounted on a tank lower torso. Big honking shoulder-mounted guns, molded in red, white, blue, gray. I paln to do mine in some sort of camo scheme.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

No you must find "RX-75 Guntank", this is the one my 5 yr old and I picked out. Robot upper body mounted on a tank lower torso. Big honking shoulder-mounted guns, molded in red, white, blue, gray. I paln to do mine in some sort of camo scheme.

Ya know Rob, I never cease to get kick out of you!

Tread :-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 04:17 AM UTC
Speaking of giant robots with guns, does anyone know where I can find the model kits of the battlemechs from the Mechwarrior universe? I own Mechwarrior: Vengence, and ever since then I've wanted a model of a Mad Cat... using a cool desert camo scheme... :-)

YodaMan
'Speak softly and carry a big stick.'
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 04:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now I'm LOL! I thought I was weird for thinking of cool camo to cover all of that colorful plastic.

Actually, it was kind of fun to see my boys so excited by the projects. And I have to admit that the MG (Master Grade) quality and complexity is really impressive. That multicolor sprue thing they do is neat, and the quality of the moldings is incredible. Virtually no flash and the fit is excellent. I might actually do another...after I finish making 'certain modifications' to this one! (My excuse is I want to show my son how much you can do with even this type of kit.)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 06:42 AM UTC
Nothing wierd about the camouflage on the robots. Back in the 80s Revell reboxed a bunch of the various Japanese robot/mecha/transformer type kits (all very similar and some even made by the current Gundam Wing model company). The series was called "Robotech" (no real relationship to the Robotech cartoon series) and most were painted in some type of camouflage pattern. Very good paint jobs on those kits and I bought/built many of them. I still have a box full of the remnants of many of these Robotech kits.

Some are multi-legged spider types, I have one that resembles a 100' camel (1/48 scale), some transform into F-14-looking jets and others were just big robots with missiles and guns. I'm surprised some of you sci-fi builders about my age don't remember these. I have some of the inserts with pictures of the various kits if any of you are interested.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 - 12:20 PM UTC
Ahhhh the joys of building something different.... If you ever come across any old Nitto SF3D kits, you'll be hooked. Most awesome Sci-fi stuff I have built to date, and the cool part is it is just about all armor related in some way shape or form. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP