_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Karl on the way
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2003 - 11:03 PM UTC
Well I think all Karl is on the way to me should have it on monday? At least I think so caused my card was charged for something in the price range. So hats off to Dragon they shipped in feb just like they said they would.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC
well sgt i hope it satisfy your building uges alas, i like mine, even with the short comings and the long exhaust pipes should be easy to build!!! congrats stug
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 01:58 AM UTC
speaking of which how is yours coming along Steve?
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 04:58 AM UTC
My Karl is available too.So this afternoon,when I make my weekly pilgrimage to my dealer(i mean LHS) I will drop $50.95 for one.
Then the construction begins.
Also to tempt me,The DML Panther A is available,and a Hornisse.
So much plastic,so little time.
Eh,sleep is vastly overrated,I can go a few weeks staying up all night,working. #:-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 09:26 AM UTC
One round on the House from as I got mine today
That is one big mother well you know the last word.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 09:52 AM UTC
Got it.Oops,$55.95
That's ok. I guess now I will dig in.I kinda wonder if Jordi Rubio would DARE try to make an aftrmarket barrel? :-) :-)
Or maybe Modelkasten or Fruili tracks?
Its a rainy evening,so I will split my time on starting this,and continuing on a wingy thing.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Got it.Oops,$55.95
That's ok. I guess now I will dig in.I kinda wonder if Jordi Rubio would DARE try to make an aftrmarket barrel? :-) :-)
Or maybe Modelkasten or Fruili tracks?
Its a rainy evening,so I will split my time on starting this,and continuing on a wingy thing.

This is not funny it needs someway to replace the Rifling so that it has some turns to it not much but some. I was wondering do you think their is way to either use a thin foil press on and make it larger then give it a twist. Sort of like cutting it at an angle .Also I will wait until Aber Or Eduard put out the Pe for it. On the barrel I wonder if evergreen plastic could be used for replacing it? you know the resin folks are going to jump on this baby heck kit is going to cost 150.00 time you get all the little goodies that they must be thinking up. Enjoy it looks killer

I bet Aber could make the rifling for it I own some kind of rifling kit somewhere back in the room. Just sand it out and apply
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:50 AM UTC
A few years ago Show Modeling did a PE set of barrel rifleing for lots of different guns. I used the product on my Sturm Tiger. It looked great. I hope that someone does that for this kit, but I doubt that will come very fast.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 05:21 PM UTC
Well guys, i'm currently stopped due to paint, the suspension killed my last bottle of testors shwarzgrau and i'm waiting on a shipment from the states with a lot of stuff from greatmodels!!!! hehehe i'm having to much fun!!! Now back to my distraction a 1/32nd F-15E with a load of bunker busters and centerline daisy cutter!!! I think i'm in love!! stug
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well guys, i'm currently stopped due to paint, the suspension killed my last bottle of testors shwarzgrau and i'm waiting on a shipment from the states with a lot of stuff from greatmodels!!!! hehehe i'm having to much fun!!! Now back to my distraction a 1/32nd F-15E with a load of bunker busters and centerline daisy cutter!!! I think i'm in love!! stug

GreatModels the Wait might be long my Friend!!!
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:58 AM UTC
Well, i've had good luck and a 2 week turn around to japan from the time i order, so it won't be long!!!i've started ordering paint and stuff by the case though so i have enough for whatever comes up!!!! I just hope i have enough gunship grey for this little birdie i have on the bench right now!!! stug
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2003 - 09:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

well sgt i hope it satisfy your building uges alas, i like mine, even with the short comings and the long exhaust pipes should be easy to build!!! congrats stug

I picked up my Karl kit today.... I have only spent a few minutes looking it over. I have to say that my initial impression is WOW... WOW and WOW...

This thing will dwarf even a FAMO.... I can't wait to get started. This is a great day. I can't wait to see the Leopold...

I'll post pictures when I have some more to show.

In the meantime you all might enjoy this review -

http://misc.prohosting.com/armourreviews/karlreviewsp_1.htm

Later
Tim
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 01:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I picked up my Karl kit today.... I have only spent a few minutes looking it over. I have to say that my initial impression is WOW... WOW and WOW...

This thing will dwarf even a FAMO.... I can't wait to get started. This is a great day. I can't wait to see the Leopold...

I'll post pictures when I have some more to show.

In the meantime you all might enjoy this review -

http://misc.prohosting.com/armourreviews/karlreviewsp_1.htm

Later
Tim

Looked like a great build up!! Yes can't wait for the Tristar one though or even The rail carrier. Plus that Icm figure looked dran good.
 _GOTOTOP