_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Folage for 1/72nd scale WWII vehicles
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 10:55 PM UTC
I need your advice oh great modeling gods!!! LOL anyway ever since I started building in 1/72nd scale my ideas for dioramas have been my larger counter parts the 1/35th scale dios that I use to build. What I mean is taking my ideas from the 1/35th scale dios that I have built in the past and scaling them down to 1/72nd scale. Nothing wrong with that, well maybe, the problem I am having is trying to find folage such as wheat, flowers and plants just to name a few, that works well with my 1/72nd scale vehicles. Here is one of my ideas, I saw a photo of a Tiger during the Kursk engagement in a field of flowers and around the Tiger was a group of SS infantry soldiers and in that group an SS soldier was picking some of these flowers and putting them into his tunic. When I worked in 1/35th scale I had the world in my hands, but 1/72nd scale just doesn't have that much. I even tried my local RR store but 1/72nd scale is such an odd scale and nobody really has anything that would work for me. I hope you understand my dellema. If you can help, any suggestions would be great.
 _GOTOTOP