Hosted by Darren Baker
Challenges to Volkswagen 82E Staff Car
etched
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 07:11 AM UTC
There are a few things to be aware of in this kit. The exterior wheel hub of the military version hub is not perfectly round. This presents a challenge in sanding to make this round as it should be.

Another item is that the instructions, 4 (1 A) do show a depression or hole. Yet there is none so one must carefully drill a hole for placement of the notek light.

I really enjoy vehicles with turned wheels. This gives a much more dynamic appearance. One trick is to trim the tip of the wheel rod at a 45 degree angle. First the rod tip is dabbed with super glue and then the wheels can be positioned at a turned angle.

Roger
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 08:32 AM UTC
I find that the best material for restoring the edges of very fine parts is gap-filling superglue (like Pacer Technology's Zap a Gap). Brush a little accelerator on the damaged area and then apply a tiny drop of the glue, which will harden immediately. File it to shape and it will not crumble like other fillers, even when it is paper-thin. Do any shaping immediately, as after about an hour, the glue will be harder than the surrounding styrene, making it difficult to blend in.
etched
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 06:26 PM UTC
Thanks for advice. I like this kit and bought a second one and will try your tip.

Roger
 _GOTOTOP