_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
pershing
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 02:29 AM UTC
Need some help what would be a good set for the Pershing from Archer? I want to use dry transfers as to get away from that Future stuff. Any hints would be appreciated. So I think that some letters like code was in yellow and the star in white. Stenclis ?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 06:31 AM UTC
Jeff - on my M45 Pershing Close Support Tank, I used a combination of markings. I'd recommend Archer's white US National Symbols. The Pershing has relatively few markings in its service life. I used Railroad Scenics white Gothic lettering because they better matched photos of the tank I wanted to model. They also supply lettering small enough for the Registration Numbers carried on the sides of the Sponson Boxes. I don't know if Archer produces lettering that small - perhaps for Jeeps and Softskins - though I've never seen that sheet.

Gunnie
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 08:08 AM UTC
I think the yellow lettering is more a Marine thing ...from what I can see from the pictures I have they seem more white than yellow ....Nice tank Gunnie!

Rick
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 09:29 AM UTC
Thanks Gunnie I know I should of looked at your site first slapping self in head now Ouch ouch. have a beer on me
Ditto that on the Model Great Job
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:56 AM UTC
Gunnie that M45 Pershing is one ugly son of a u know what.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers, Michael

stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 01:09 AM UTC
First to jeff eduard express mask work great for the stars i used them on my what if super pershing!!! second Gunnie is the Accurate Armour conversion???? anyway it looks great!! stug
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 09:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

First to jeff eduard express mask work great for the stars i used them on my what if super pershing!!! second Gunnie is the Accurate Armour conversion???? anyway it looks great!! stug

Steveus - I based this model around Tamiya's M26 Pershing hull, MB Models' M45 Turret, with DML M26A1 Pershing sponson boxes and turret parts. Italeri's M47 Patton gave me the fender turnbuckles. AFV Club supplied the individual track links for the Korean War era M45, and I widened out the Drive Sprockets to accomodate fitting them to my model. The only other additions I need to add were a scratched Commander's MG Pintle Mount, the Muffler/Exhaust with Guard only used on the M45, and the 105mm Howitzer Travel Lock mounted on the roof of the ventilator housing.

Michael - yeah - the M45 Pershing is kinda a ugly brute isn't it?!? Makes me think of a Rhino. Most of them were converted to M46 Pattons by the mid-1950's. Working on my Tamiya T-55 made me wonder how the M45 would have fared if put up against the T-55...

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP