Hosted by Darren Baker
Splash In Abrams
ArmyGrunt
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 07:18 PM UTC
OK so I think i can up load some Pics now. This is t he first time I have ever shown my work becasue I am still learning and this is one of my first Dio's. I am currently working on two of them and the other is considerably bigger.
Now as for this one I am not to crazy about the gold grass. It is not that bright in normal conditions but with the camera it really brought it out. So now I am wondering about it at all. I still have a lot of ground work to add such as a few more trees, some bushes and maybe some wait-a-minute vines and of course my big problem with the other dio is leaves and floor litter. So let me know what you guys think and hopefully these will load up right.

hope this worked!!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 08:32 PM UTC
G'day Mate
well start posting more of your work because this diorama is great!
I love the mud puddle slash, that looks incredibly realistic, youve captured that really well.
Cheers
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 08:43 PM UTC
I like it, reminds me of mud running at Hohenfels and here at Knox as a young LT. I would recommend painting/weathering up the center engine grill to a burnt black look. That one is the engine exhaust and is normally black and nasty.
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC
Hi mate,
What a way to post your first pics!!I like that splash effect,i haven't seen too many people even dare try attempt something like that!!
About the forest litter,i would def. scatter some leaves around the tree and try and work into the mud somehow.
There are various products on the market which won't cut into your piggybank!!
Hudson and Allen have some bags that go for around 7-8 USD.
Here's a sample pic of their leaves:

Good luck with the rest of the dio,
Shay
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 11:14 PM UTC
Nice job with the splash, love it.

Couple of pointers to add to it as you go. The tank has a lot of wet mud all over the tracks and I would think it would look better if there was some 'knock off' where it has already driven. Plus I would 'wet' the tracks too.
The gold grass just needs a few washes of some redish brown and some pastel work that's all.
ArmyGrunt
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 11:56 PM UTC
Thanks guys! I will defentaly have to check out the forest litter. I will post more pics as I go on. As for the fall off I plan on dropping some more along the tracks to the rear and I am trying to figure out how to get the fling effect of mud flying off the back of the tracks. I was alittle worried what I would find on here when i checked back in. Well thanks again!!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 12:42 AM UTC
As far as 'fling' To get fling that has landed, mix up a batch of wet dirt and use a toothbrush or a stiff brush. Dip it in the mud and use your thumb to 'flick' the mud on the ground. If you need more explanation, just ask

For airborn fling I saw a FSM article a long time ago that used clear styrene as a 'see through' holder. Cut a piece of styrene that will wrap around the drive wheel and track of the M1. The other end of the piece will be a bit varied and jaggid. On this you apply some mud in a long in air fling. You may try some fishing line as a holder also. Plant one end and apply a blob of mud on the other end. Plant a few in various places and that's your airborn fling.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 08:42 AM UTC
I think the effectiveness of the realistic look you gave it can be summed up in one word....WOW!
Florre
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 980 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 05:49 PM UTC
On one of your first dio's you immediately undertake such an challenging and extremely difficult thing as the water splash... One word : respect!!
It makes me wonder what your 10th or so dio will look like? An airplane exploding in the sky or something? :-)
It looks really nice, and with some proper finishing it will become a real eye-catcher.
ArmyGrunt
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 06:11 PM UTC
You know what FLORRE you just gave me another great Idea and I already know how I am going to do it!! It will not be exploding in the sky but I will still get tthe action and your attention. more to follow on this in a few months because now I have to finish these two first but i did write the idea down because I am pumped to try and do the one you just gave me an Idea for!!
Florre
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 980 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 04:39 PM UTC
I'm absolutely looking forward to it! succes
jagauerke
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 03:12 AM UTC
I have to say for your first postings and attempts at dios you've pulled off an incredible effect with your water splashes. Excellent stuff, keep it up, looks like you are well on your way.
 _GOTOTOP