_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Campaign Award Displays- What Order?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC
Just got my Purple Heart Award. Looks great. However it showed up in the middle of all my other awards instead of at the end. Then I quickly glanced through my other awards and noticed that they were not displaying in the order I earned them. I thought perhaps by alpha but that didn't seem to be true. Just curious if anyone knows the order of display.

BTW I have discovered the only way to see your Campaign Awards is under the "Profile" button on any of your posts. I have not been able to find them any other way, not even in My Account
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 06:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW I have discovered the only way to see your Campaign Awards is under the "Profile" button on any of your posts. I have not been able to find them any other way, not even in My Account

I noticed the same thing. I wish that they would display under your callsign like they did in the old days.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 08:28 AM UTC
AR (Armorama Reg) 680-2-2 clearly states that awards must be displayed in a descending order using a complicated formula based on numbers of awardees divided by the number of enlistees (of a particular group build) and then arranged in the order in which the group build was completed.

Campaign group builds are listed higher in priority than Mission group builds.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC

Shouldn't that have been Armorama Reg. 670-(2) or 672-2?? Or have I merely been out long enough that I've either forgotten or the Reg's been updated?

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Mike
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 09:48 AM UTC
Congrats on completing the campaign once again Alan.

Just to add to the thread, as a campaign leader, we dont have any influence on the order in which the ribbons appear on your profile. I do agree with you that it would have been nice to show up in the order of completion.

FYI, if you want to view the other recipients of this award, ive listed all of them on the Purple Hearts campaigns page.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I noticed the same thing. I wish that they would display under your callsign like they did in the old days.

Well if everyone would like the site to grind to a slow crawl and have those wonderful "too many database connection" error messages I can do that. And for the record we only ever displayed one campaign award or other special award on the profile page.

Alan - Where would you like them to appear? I thought having them on the profile page that users actually see is the most logical location.

As for the order they are probably in numerical order by award ID number either first to last or visa versa.

Thanks,
Jim
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,998 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 09:16 PM UTC
A simple solution to be for the user to create there own banner (with in the size restrictions) and use this to display any of there awards if they wished.

That way the use can chose which awards they wish to display,

just a thought

keith forsyth
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 09:16 PM UTC
Now they are in name order of whatever name the campaign leader sets for the award. So if they use the campaign name (as they should in most cases) they should appear in somewhat alphabetical order.

Jim
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 02:25 AM UTC
Thanks Jim.

It really makes no difference to me where the campaign ribbons are displayed. In the past they were just located in a different place so I was just letting others know where I eventually found them.

Also I was just very curious about the order of the ribbons. It was no big deal to see the latest in the middle of the pack but then I got to thinking (and that's usually where trouble begins) if they were in alpha order but they were not.
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 08:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A simple solution to be for the user to create there own banner (with in the size restrictions) and use this to display any of there awards if they wished.

That way the use can chose which awards they wish to display,

Great idea
 _GOTOTOP