_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Chat rooms
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 03:20 AM UTC
I did post this in network talk before I saw the site talk forum, I guess its better placed here.

Im just wondering if theres any reason why this site doesnt have a chat room. Ive often wondered why, there always seems to be loads of members online and I think it would be really great to have actual conversations with the people on here, I guess it must be down to the fact you need someone to moderare 24/7???
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 03:40 AM UTC
We've been there, done that, earned the scars, and won't be going there again.

Try Skype, as that seems to be the best alternative.

Cheers

Henk
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 03:44 AM UTC
Oh ,it was like that....perhaps people could start using msn messanger, thats how i talk to all my friends.....
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 08:07 AM UTC
MSN messenger,AIM,and Yahoo chat are free.
Share online ID's when you get one of these,and coordinate with others.I have been able to use MSN messenger with modelers from Austrailia,New Zealand,and Great Britian.
My AIM screen name is TankCarlRI.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 08:14 AM UTC
For the webcam geeks like Carl and me there is also Stickam (www.stickam.com), a site mostly dominated by the younger generation (and I mean like pre-teens and teens). However it has great live video sharing. Someone could for example hook up a web cam above their work area and broadcast the making of a model live. That would be pretty cool. Who knows maybe a few of the youngsters might actually see it and get interested in modeling.

Of course you would have to tune out all the inane foul-mouthed blabber that goes on there. :-)

Cheers,
Jim
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 09:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh ,it was like that....perhaps people could start using msn messanger, thats how i talk to all my friends.....

This one was tried and had problems here as well. We had an Armorama.msn site with a chat room and place to host signature banners and some other photos. Bad stuff happened in the chat room that spilled to the main forums and the MSN site was shut down.
 _GOTOTOP