_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMOM - Atoplu
atoplu
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 11:39 PM UTC
Here is my entry for January AMOM. This Zvezda Su-152 in 1/35 scale. It painted generally enamel paints. Shading with acrylics and other weathering technics acrylic, oil and chalk pastel.

james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:23 AM UTC
Fantastic modela and excellent weathering! But what a pity for those rubber tracks!
fatbobit
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2007 - 02:58 AM UTC
Hi Ayhan,
in my opinion you made a fantastic job..! I really like the weathering and the different shades you gave to the flat surfaces of the model. Also the rust strikings looks really realistic. I think that the monotone painting scheme is one of the most challenging job a modeller could face. Unfortunately i have to agree with Giacomo about the tracks , i always try to avoid rubber tracks , simply dont like them.. ( not just yours .... all of them...) anyway i took the chance to give a look at the other models you made in your Turkish site.., and im really impressed by your painting skills. Bravo..!
Good luck in the contest, and please say hallo to Turkey from me, i've been there many years ago and i think its a beautyfull country.

Ciao.
Alex
atoplu
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2007 - 03:41 AM UTC
Thanks my friends.
You are right about tracks. It is totally problem.
Thanks again for your kind words about my country. Good luck you to contest too.
Ayhan
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2007 - 03:54 AM UTC
Hi Ayhan. As said previously, the weathering is top notch. A very realistic and weary look. Love how the decals have been faded.
Have also to agree about the tracks ... my pet modelling peeve ... they sit badly, and I dont know how the 1/1 scale tracks look, but the details on them look rather clumsy and large. They let down, what would otherwise be an excellent model! It might be worth asking on the buy/trade/sell forum if anybody has a suitable indy set for sale or trade. Maybe somebody has upgraded another version!
 _GOTOTOP