_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Humvees campaign-important please read!
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2007 - 06:05 PM UTC
Ok, as the campaign will end tommorrow, can all those who completed a Humvee submit photos of it in the campaign gallery. Even if its just one pic, I need you to do this so I can see whos finished. If this could take place over the next couple of days that would be most helpful, if anyone needs some help with this drop me a PM. Thanks very much to all who entered, its been a great campaign. You still have a day and a half so model like mad if you have bits to complete!
seuss95b
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 05:12 PM UTC
Thank Rob!!! For hosting this campaign. It was great idea and I was proud to be able to take part in it. Thank you again.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 09:55 PM UTC
Well, I guess I missed this one. I will still post pictures of my M1114 when I finish it, hopefully soon.

Good campaign Rob!

afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 10:49 PM UTC
Not to worry Pete, me and you never complete campaigns-remember the modern armor campaign, I still have an unfinished M2A2 on my desk Its the taking part that counts, and im thankful for your contribution. My Dumvee still isnt done, id rather take my time and get it right than try to hurry.

A big thanks for everyone who took part, regardless of whether you completed it or not we all had fun and its been great seeing people produce some fantastic Humvee models. Cheers everyone!!!
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 04:01 AM UTC
IMHO, I think pete should get the humvee ribbon anyway. Pete posted SO MUCH important information backed up with diagrams and schematics that we could never have found anywhere for this campaign. Pete really contributed more then most of us for this campaign even if he didnt finish his build. I know its not in accordance with the rules, but thats my 2 cents. Pete, Rob, I c ant wait to see your finished hummers campaign or no campaign. You guys build some great stuff. And again, great campaign Rob. I look forward to seeing you guys in the OIF campaign if it flies!
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 05:24 AM UTC
Yes you're right Gary, Petes contribution has been fantastic and greatly appreciated!! He has sent me so much info and reference. I think I may just have a way of repaying this favour. Whilst i dont think I can give him a ribbon becuase its probably against rules, if you get touch with me Pete and give me your address I will send you a couple of Think One Eighty US infantry figures. Ive got 48 of them so its not a problem and as I say you have done much for us less informed Humvee fantatics over the past couple of monthes.

Once again a massive thankyou to everyone who took part and entered models in. As my first time as a campaign leader its been a real pleasure, im now racking my brains for more campaign ideas. I might go with my second modelling love this time IDF armor...just got to see what the interest is like.

Keep building those Humvees everyone, ive now got more or less 6 varients to work on-M1114's, Avenger, M998 etc.
Thanks everyone, by the way i'll try and get the Dumvee posted tommorrow Gary.
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 06:36 AM UTC
Rob,

Thanks for hosting. This campaign was a lot of fun (and motivation to get off my duff and build!).
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 06:42 AM UTC
Good campaign. I finished up my 1/72 scale Revell M998 HMMWV. I made it look like the first HMMWV I owned when I was a no-time-in-grade captain. I was the battalion maintenance officer for 3-32 Armor and I rode around in a 2-door HMMWV.

sahariana
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 381 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 01:43 PM UTC
[quote]
Once again a massive thankyou to everyone who took part and entered models in. As my first time as a campaign leader its been a real pleasure, im now racking my brains for more campaign ideas. I might go with my second modelling love this time IDF armor...just got to see what the interest is like.[quote]

Hey Rob

I'd like to add my thanks for running the campaign too.

I would be up for an IDF campaign too.

Cheers
Dus
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 08:31 PM UTC
Geez Rob and gary, you guys are gonna make me cry!

It was no problem sharing all that stuff with you all. The key thing was that you all understood if I couldn't answer anything or post anything that violated security. You guys are my second family even though I haven't meet any of you all personally and other with my own family, you all are the seconfd place I spend most of my time with.

Thanks Gary for the ribbion suggestion, but we have to follow the rules.

Rob, I know, that is two campaigns that I didn't finish either. And the figures you are offering, even though it is very tempting, you really don't have to do that. I love suppling you all with information I can get my hands on with out no problem.
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 455 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 08:39 PM UTC
Congrats Rob! Good show!!! It really shows the variety of Hummers one can build.

The best,
Gary
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2007 - 04:14 AM UTC
Great job on the Campaign Rob. I've only got 10 more HMMWV left in my stash...

Dave S.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2007 - 05:34 AM UTC
My first campaign and I had fun with it, thanks. It was great to see everyone's work on Humvees all in one spot.

Great job everyone...!!

airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2007 - 05:38 PM UTC
Bob,
This is my first campaign as well to complete something on time.
I was inspired by everyone submitting their work and reference help in the Humvee campaign .
I would like to say thanks as well to everyone who helped me on the humvee.

I only wished I used the right tires the first time

I'm looking forward to the OIF campaign

Thanks
Michael

gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 455 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2007 - 06:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I only wished I used the right tires the first time

I'm looking forward to the OIF campaign

I'm not sure what tires you are referring to but if there was a critism about your tires, it came from someone who may have been unfamiliar with a military motorpool. The truth is, new tire designations can be issued by the brass but if there is a preference for an older type, a good supply sargent will produce them everytime!!!

Gary
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2007 - 06:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Geez Rob and gary, you guys are gonna make me cry!

It was no problem sharing all that stuff with you all. The key thing was that you all understood if I couldn't answer anything or post anything that violated security. You guys are my second family even though I haven't meet any of you all personally and other with my own family, you all are the seconfd place I spend most of my time with.

Thanks Gary for the ribbion suggestion, but we have to follow the rules.

Yo, can we get a group hug?? LOL Thanks Pete for the warm thoughts, I agree with you. I really thought you deserved a lot of credit on this one. Besides, if you were working on your build instead of answering our questions, you could have built 2 humvees LOL Well, if you ever need anything, a part from the scrap box, some printable, or whatever, drop me a line! Thanks again for all your efforts! I will look forward to seeing you and Rob in the OIF campaign along with the rest of you guys. This was a lot of fun!
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 01:59 PM UTC
Its a great campaign. And looking at some of you guys submissions, i decided to work on another hummer variant.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 08:39 AM UTC
is the medal coming soon?
 _GOTOTOP