_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri M109
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 03:31 AM UTC
I'm working on the old M109 (A-nothing) with short 155mm barrel. Does anyone know if Eduard made a PE set for it in the past? I've checked their website and they only list the Paladin, IDF and RoG FRG variant PE sets. Any chance any of these sets can be used on an old USA M109?

Also is there an aluminum barrel? I see Barrel Depot has the A2 and A6 tubes (I have these) and an M109G tube (which this kit can build into). Will the M109G barrel be of use when trying to do an M109? I figure that the muzzle brake is different since on the kit the M109 and M109G muzzle brakes are two different parts, but since the muzzle brake is not included in most Barrel Depot tubes, this would be the kit part any way.

FYI, I already grabbed a set of Skybow M108/109 tracks. They are nice.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hi sabot, as far as the Eduard sets go I'veonly bought teh IDF version and I think this would be a waste for early version. To my knowlege there is a early turned aluminum barrel from the BArel depot company #35014 which still requires the muzzle break from the kit. I also believe they are the same for a straight 109. there is in use by Israel a different muzzle break similar to the one on the L33 I have not been Able to find out if this is an IDF mod or factory.
Josh weingarten Aka shiryon
 _GOTOTOP