_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign Suggestion - "In FDF service"
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 09:49 PM UTC
When I spent the second half of 2006 building Finnish aircraft for "Fighters under the midnight sun" campaign, I got this idea of having a Finnish armor campaign over at armorama.
Like the air force, Finnish army has used a wide variety of armored vehicles from a multitude of countries, some of which were further modified domestically, offering interesting scratch-building add-ons.
The possibilities range from Renault FT-17's to the newly purchased Leopard 2's, including:
T-34
Stug III
IS-152
KV I
Panzer IV Ausf. J
Comet
T-54/55/72
BMP 1/2
etc.

I was thinking about an all-out Finnish armor extravaganza where you could build a piece of armor in Finnish service from any era, any scale .
Anyone interested?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC
Sounds like a really good start for a campaign Eetu. Im just wondering if by limiting it to just Finnish hardware that we might be a little too specific in scope?

Just a suggestion but do you think it would attract more interest if we widen the scope to say international armor hardware or something similar to that?
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 12:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds like a really good start for a campaign Eetu. Im just wondering if by limiting it to just Finnish hardware that we might be a little too specific in scope?

Just a suggestion but do you think it would attract more interest if we widen the scope to say international armor hardware or something similar to that?

Oh, didn't I make that clear enough?
Of course, any piece of armor used by the Finnish army would make an entry. Limiting the campaign just to indigenous Finnish armor woul be just plain dumb. In fact, I can only remember a couple.
 _GOTOTOP