_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Techniques
Diorama techniques and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
ACU pat uniform...How?
ArmyGrunt
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 08:10 AM UTC
OK.. I was showing a couple of my guys in my platoon some PIC's of a few things that I am working on like the M1A1 Splash in that I am working on and another BIG dio that i am doin. Well one of them asked me what am I going to do with the new ACU's? I started thinking about it and my question is has anyone attempted to try the new ACU or has anyone seen it done yet 1/35 ? What about the new IBA and M4's and all the new gear coming out. I know that a lot of stuff is mix match over there as I will be there with in the next few months but how do you scale it down? Lots of little squares. I am sure when I return from the big sand box I will have lots of Dio ideas. Just want to know what the thoughts of master minds of the site are?
Pave-Hawk
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 900 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 09:11 AM UTC
Have you seen THIS Link
phipstar
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 05:33 PM UTC
Hey,

I've just finished a 1:35 figure with the new ACU. I found out that at this scale the easiest way to do it is to use a needle or a toothpick at the most. Sound like this will take forever but it really won't. You start by covering the figure in deck tan, maybe buff. Then you will have to mix the greyish tones by yourself.
I'm quite satisfied w/ the result. But then again, I'ma beginner.

Good luck and happy painting,

Philipp
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 07:56 PM UTC
Philipp, do you think you could post a picture or two of it? I'd be really interested to see it.

Jeff
phipstar
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 09:06 PM UTC
@Jeff:

OK, I will try to post them. Its my first time so I hope it'll work out.
Bear in mind that I started this whole modeling thing just a few months ago, so don't be tto hard on me...

ArmyGrunt
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 09:17 PM UTC
Well Philipp for a first time that looks pretty good. but looks great! Are you going to put anything else on him like Velcro or infer-tape, NODS and stuff? I have to get a few guys and just try the techniques that you guys suggested. thanks.
phipstar
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 09:22 PM UTC
Well, yeah. That little fella isn't done yet. I'll equip him w/ a few things. I also wanna try to do a little washing on him even though I haven't got a clue how. I'm still in the learnign process.

Good luck w/ your's. And let us know how it worked out...

philipp
ArmyGrunt
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 09:26 PM UTC
Well learning is half the fun. But i will post some PIC's after i finish these other Dio's that I am currently working on. And depends if I ma still in country or not. Have a good one.
 _GOTOTOP