_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaigns for 2007 (First Half)!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 02:47 AM UTC
Thanks very much to all those who voted for this years campaigns. Here are the final list of campaigns that are now active and ready to accept enlistments!

Modern Era Specific

OIF campaign - 19 Votes

WWII & Modern Combine

Desert Fever - Paint me Yellow - 27 Votes

Best Of British - 23 Votes

WWII Specific

:Of Wheels and Tracks - 25 Votes

Dioramas

Special Forces 1939-1945 - 11 Votes

The respective campaign leaders have already decided on the duration for each campaign so if you got any questions, feel free to PM your relevant campaign leaders.

Let's get started on those kits people!
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 04:14 AM UTC
Hi Jazza, Congrats on the promotion mate!

I take it this is just for new campaigns and doesn't include those already running?

My interest is in ACUTR... The "Scratch" campaign.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 04:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jazza, Congrats on the promotion mate!

I take it this is just for new campaigns and doesn't include those already running?

My interest is in ACUTR... The "Scratch" campaign.

Thanks Murdo!

Yup these are the new campaigns only. ACUTR will carry on as planned. This means we have a total of 5 campaigns and 1 Operation running for the first half. Plenty to choose from.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 04:27 AM UTC
Thanks Jazza!

Live long and prosper mate!
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 04:38 AM UTC
REMINDER
A.C.U.T.R.
Fot those who dont know and wish to participate--Finish date --SEPTEMBER '07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the official site for our sojourn into the "Dark-side"
GUIDE LINES--
Eligiblity.......ALL that wish to "sign -up"

S kill Level .......from novice to master
C ontent of build ..........you see it --like it---you build it
R equests for assistance ----please give time for reply
A mount of "scratch "-----as much as you feel you are capable of .
T ime.....1 year ....those who have started big builds please show progress made as at start date
C onfimation .............at least 2 pics per month ..to show progess please
H elp with techniques .........post as ---"build "below.**

This is your chance to show what can be done and try your hand at something different ----I and the rest of the long-time "scratchers "will help --if we can as requested---

http://www.modelgeek.com/modules.phpop=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=158

Please show your "new" bits before painting --hence request for pics

FINISHED Pics go HERE!!!...................PLEASE.!!!
***************** http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/17587 *************

In progess pics please and feel free to p-m me for any questions and hopefully answers . .. :-)
** http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/83534&page=1" TARGET="_blank"> http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/83534&page=1
for build pics--- **
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
Thanks Jazza------
This is not a "POST -JACKING"..... ---just info .
Removed by original poster on 01/29/07 - 07:30:24 (GMT).
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 07:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Jazza------
This is not a "POST -JACKING"..... ---just info .

No worries barv. Its campaign related so post-jack away!
sahariana
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 381 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 01:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yup these are the new campaigns only. ACUTR will carry on as planned. This means we have a total of 5 campaigns and 1 Operation running for the first half. Plenty to choose from.

Hi Jeremy

Might seem a soppy question but what is the difference between a campaign and an operation?

Cheers
Dus
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 02:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jeremy

Might seem a soppy question but what is the difference between a campaign and an operation?

Cheers
Dus

Actually the 2 types of campaigns are Operation and Mission.

The best description is written here:

Campaign Guidlines
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:00 AM UTC
Why do we have only a few campaigns? Besides my pet idea I seriously think 2 or 3 campaigns a year (or six month) is just not enough. It's like selling only 2 types of wine: red and white... I guess what I'm trying to say is that more options are better than only a few even if you have to make choices and limit your builds.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Why do we have only a few campaigns? Besides my pet idea I seriously think 2 or 3 campaigns a year (or six month) is just not enough. It's like selling only 2 types of wine: red and white... I guess what I'm trying to say is that more options are better than only a few even if you have to make choices and limit your builds.

Hi Andras,

Basically the general feedback given from members is that there were too many campaigns running for anyone to actually complete each one.

For now there is a total of 6 campaigns running for the first half. The other 2 is set to start next month. In the second half, im hoping to run about 5 again which should be plenty to get around.

If you have a campaign that you like, i would suggest trying to gather more support for it before the next round of voting.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Basically the general feedback given from members is that there were too many campaigns running for anyone to actually complete each one.

Exactly my point. This is the curse of the world we live in: we have more choices than time. With this philosophy DML could declare that it stops it's production of new kits until everybody finishes that Tiger and that 251. They rather pump out more kits and our stash keeps growing. (The whole world is full of alternatives, and you can only pick some.) Because the number of campaigns are limited, there are less subjects -and the more specialized, more "out of the box" themes (like the "oddballs" idea) are not represented well enough. The other thing is that I don't want to run a political campaign to collect votes... it's not that important.
Even if people are interested they might not be THAT much interested to check on the daily status. Example? I proposed a helicopter campaign a few month ago, sure enough, there's one now, but because I wasn't following how the "pre-campaigns" doing (I have stuff to do other than check armorama every second), I'm not the leader of it. Do you think people are more likely to vote on something?

Anyway, this is how I see it. It's not really important, just something that people might consider.
 _GOTOTOP