_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Desert Fever - SR's Panzer I Blog
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 07:56 PM UTC
Here's my little entry. Will be doing this over the weekend. This will also be my first time to work on Tristar's figs. Wish me luck!

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 09:25 PM UTC
Update:

Finish the lower hull assembly with the exception of the tracks. I haven't glued the wheels and the gears yet for easy painting. Will continue on tomorrow with the build. Hopefully, I can finish the entire kit this weekend
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 10:42 PM UTC
Nice choices Ralph, gonna post any in progress pics?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 04:26 AM UTC
Those figures will definitely give a nice touch to the whole kit.

Definitely put up some progress shots when you have got some.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 09:41 AM UTC
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, my cam is with my dad now (and he's away). Probably will post pics this Sunday.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 09:47 AM UTC
Update:

Finally got the tracks done. Took me a whooping 4 hours to assemble the hell on them (which was much faster than when I worked on my Flakpanzer I :-) :-) ). Hopefully I'll be able to finish the kit this night. It'll be a long continuous modeling.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 02:08 PM UTC
Update:

Finished the entire hull assembly (top and bottom). Now to work on the turret. (darn, I wish I could post pics). The turret will be just worth 30 mins - 1 hour work.
EuanElliot
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 03:11 PM UTC
Your a very fast builder!
Already doing the turret eh?
Euan
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Your a very fast builder!
Already doing the turret eh?
Euan

Yep. That's me :-) :-) :-) Thanks to DML's "SMART" thinking, this kit is a breeze - few multimedia parts can really make a difference. You don't need no stinkin' CA glue to connect parts.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 07:51 PM UTC
Update:

It's bloody done! I can finally put this baby on the primer stage tomorrow morning. On with the figures!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 04:13 PM UTC
Update:

She's ready for painting. I've applied a coat of Mr. Surfacer 1200 (airbrushed) this morning.

Figure placement:

I need ideas

Which placement is better? Or do you have any other inputs?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 02:23 PM UTC
Almost done.

I may need to retouch the green part on the turret and the road wheels. Am not satisfied with it.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 01:44 AM UTC
Your Panzer I is coming along very nicely. I hope you like the kit, I have one in my stash somewhere, I would be disappointed if it wasn't nice.

For the figures, I might have a suggestion... If you want to position them like in the first pic, all facing front... and if you are going to build a base... I would suggest a "focal point", as all three figures seem as if they are looking at something in front of the tank. So give them something to focus on, perharps another comrade standing in front and talking or doing something to interest those guys.

Otherwise, I will suggest the pose in picture two. There, you will have two stories going on such a small tank, the tank commander is interested in something out of the vision of the onlooker, while the two soldiers at the back are enjoying themselves for a break. This way, without the need for a base or a dio, you can have a tank with a small story of its own, eh?

Keep on going!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 03:15 PM UTC
Hello guys! Been a while. Been busy with school and thesis lately. Here's some more inprog shots of meh wurk.

The tank is 99.9% done except for joining in the tracks cause I lost my CA glue. I'm not calling this kit done yet without the three mounted figures.

However, the wash seems like it ruined the model. I'm not satisfied especially with the washes in every bolts. I think I've overdone it. Any ideas on how to retouch it?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:16 PM UTC
Here are some closeups of the "bad wash"

Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:31 PM UTC
Nice looking build Ralph. I just signed up for this campaign yesterday and will be doing the same kit. I will be getting started later today. Which colours did you use for your yellow and gray? As far as the bad wash goes, you might be able to tone it down with a post shade coat. Thin your final colour to about 80/20 thinner paint and then airbrushed over the entire kit..

Dave
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice looking build Ralph. I just signed up for this campaign yesterday and will be doing the same kit. I will be getting started later today. Which colours did you use for your yellow and gray? As far as the bad wash goes, you might be able to tone it down with a post shade coat. Thin your final colour to about 80/20 thinner paint and then airbrushed over the entire kit..

Dave

Hi Dave! Thanks for signing up. Much appreciated! For the yellow part, I use a mixture of dark yellow + white. Mixture is more of a "it-looks-right" ratio. Grey is field gray by Tamiya.

I already applied an overcoat of dark yellow over the kit to tone it down a bit, but it still shows.
 _GOTOTOP