_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM redleg
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 746 posts
Armorama: 389 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 06:18 AM UTC
Here we go another month passes and here i present my Italeri M1A2 Abrams with added Stowage from Tamiya hope you like it good luck to all who enter

C[ ] redleg
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 08:00 AM UTC
Look as though you did a pretty good job on the construction and weathering. One major issue though, there are no M1A2s in 3-tone NATO camo. All M1A2s are assigned to III Corps units (4 ID, 1 CAV, and 3 ACR) and all III Corps units are painted in overall sand. There were a few M1A2s at Ft Knox for training in NATO camo, but none operational with all that gear on them. You also have a Blank Firing Adapter (BFA) on the .50 cal and no BFA on the loader's M240. Other than that, it looks good.
RedLeg
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 05:24 PM UTC
My bad Gino, should do a bit more home work, but i had found a few images of M1A2's in 3 tone here is one i will double check next time :-)

redleg
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 07:21 PM UTC
The pic above is actually an M1A1, and an older one at that with T-156 chevron block track. You can tell it is an A1 from the commander's .50 cal mount. It is the older Cadilac-Gage turret with the internally fired/controlled weapon. You can see the recoil compenastor tube sticking out over the turret top (next to the .50 cal barrel). An M1A2 does not have this part on it. Just because someone labeled it an M1A2 in their photo album doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 07:32 PM UTC
Redleg,

Looks like a good build. Like the weathering. What did you use for the straps that hold down the stowage? I like the texturing on those.
RedLeg
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The pic above is actually an M1A1, and an older one at that with T-156 chevron block track. You can tell it is an A1 from the commander's .50 cal mount. It is the older Cadilac-Gage turret with the internally fired/controlled weapon. You can see the recoil compenastor tube sticking out over the turret top (next to the .50 cal barrel). An M1A2 does not have this part on it. Just because someone labeled it an M1A2 in their photo album doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.

Exactly like what i said I should do a bit more home work next time
like asking you

Quoted Text

Looks like a good build. Like the weathering. What did you use for the straps that hold down the stowage? I like the texturing on those.

Hi Thomas i used some Medical tape that fell into my Bag when my Baby girl was being born and just cut thin strips of.

redleg
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 808 posts
Armorama: 479 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 12:30 AM UTC
RedLeg,
Nice job, but it looks like you have several spots where there is quite a bit of shine in the finish. Like the extra stowage.
Joe
 _GOTOTOP