_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM Feb PzCreations
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 06:52 AM UTC
Heres my entry. This is AFV Clubs new Sturmtiger kit detailed with Voyagers update set and tracks from Dragon.
There are lots more photos here http://panzercreations.fotopic.net/c1188090.html

biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 07:06 AM UTC
awesome sturmtiger Tim paint job is a beauty and the weathering looks great i always look forward to what you are going to come out with next.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 07:57 PM UTC
thanks Ron! cant wait to see yours as well..you got one comin thismonth?
barron
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 598 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 08:11 PM UTC
Love it . One of my favorites.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 09:30 PM UTC
Nicely done Tim, good luck in the contest!
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 808 posts
Armorama: 479 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 12:21 AM UTC
Tim,
Really impressive job of blending the colors. Also the subtle streaking is first class. I'd go .
Joe
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 12:32 AM UTC
Hi Tim,
very nice Sturmtiger, this is inspiration for me because next week I started Sturmtiger.
Miloslav
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 03:51 AM UTC
Very well done.Did you leave the crane in dunklegelb deliberately?
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 04:13 AM UTC
Thanks everyone ! Hopefully I have something this month that can contend with all the work Ive seen posted so far. But its lookin again like another tough month. Especially that Tiger from Miloslav ..you got another winner?
Carl, yes, I did that intentionally...no reason except to make it stand out a bit since it required so much work. I couldnt tell from the real photos if it was painted different or not.
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 04:23 AM UTC
Tim,

Very nice. Even the scratches from the plug for the pistol port! Outstanding. Good luck!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 12:59 PM UTC
Hi Tim. Love the camo and the heavy dusty feel of it. Reminds me of james Blackwell´s Sturmy ... did you read this beforehand? The build is so clean and perfect!
To nit-pick a little, I´d suggest using a little more washes, to "pop" out small details some more, and also to add depth to the vehicle .... looking at the last pic ... the crane stands out beautifully, but the back door almost dissappears. Maybe the tracks teeth could do with some exposed metal ... this is visible on the drive wheel teeth ... but not on the tracks. Sorry for picking .. just hoping to be constructive!
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 07:47 PM UTC
hey thanks for the comments.. Frank, I can always use constructive ones too. Even more so. Your right about the tracks, after looking now, I even forgot to do the roadhweels! One thing about the washes. I spent quite sometime on the paint scheme.. each color had different tones to show fading and weathering. My fiance says, looks perfect wouldnt change a thing. But, then I go and do the washes afterwards...Next morning she gets up, sees it...says what did you do to it ,it looks horrible?
Which, after doing the wash, I had already felt that way. It just completely wiped out all the tones and and really darkened all the colors ,makin it no longer "pop out" so, what should I do here? add even more? next time ..pin washes only .
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 987 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 08:18 PM UTC
-looks awesome per the usual, Tim. I need to get you, Ron, & Miloslav Hraban and a host of others to come my way and show me how it's done.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 09:02 PM UTC
thanks Alex..Im not too far from ya. Im in georgia..I'll be at the Atlanta Figure show at the end of the month. You going?
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 987 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 10:49 PM UTC
Tim,

Other than this site and a few others - that is about all the modelling I see & know of - as for shows and the likes - I really don't get out much.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 12:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One thing about the washes. I spent quite sometime on the paint scheme.. each color had different tones to show fading and weathering. My fiance says, looks perfect wouldnt change a thing. But, then I go and do the washes afterwards...Next morning she gets up, sees it...says what did you do to it ,it looks horrible?
Which, after doing the wash, I had already felt that way. It just completely wiped out all the tones and and really darkened all the colors ,makin it no longer "pop out" so, what should I do here? add even more? next time ..pin washes only .

Hi Tim. Far be it from me, to dissagree with your missus, :-) but I think the camo is excellent! The faded colours and grimy appearance is top notch, in my books.
It was pin-washes I was actually referring to ... to pick out the small details. Sometimes a complicated camo can hide them. Im not a fan of these all-over washes ... I prefer to use the airbrush and spray them on as a wash/filter. I think one has better control where it goes, and its easier to concentrate on certain areas .. and also avoids pooling. The model is very near perfect, and I felt that little extra "pop" on those details would "complete (suck)" it Thanks for putting up with my nit-picking ... but I mean well
 _GOTOTOP