_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM Warlord
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 03:12 PM UTC
Here is my entry - 1/35 Polish AT Gun Bofors wz. 36, with some introduction:
37mm Bofors Mk 1936 (L/47) anti-tank gun was a licence copy of Swedish Bofors gun, manufactured in Poland by SMPzA in Pruszkow. With 300 guns bought in Sweden, Polish Army had 1200 anti-tank guns Mk 36 in 1939 (a number of Polish guns was also exported to Romania, Spain and Great Britain).
As for armour penetration, there are different data given, but 37mm Bofors gun could destroy any armoured vehicle in 1939 from a distance below 1km, and its performance made it one of the best 37mm AT guns of that time.
Armour piercing, armour piercing with a tracer and high explosive – fragmentation ammunition were used.
Practical rate of fire - 10 rds/min.
Model is from Mirage Hobby. Quality of the kit is rather poor, but subject is interesting. I made the model oob and the only modification was drilling out the barrel.

pottz88
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 233 posts
Armorama: 209 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 12:14 PM UTC
Please let me be the first to comment on your build.

Firstly I ai'nt no arty expert but the choice of the subject is great. Not every day you see something a little different.

Secondly I'll confess that i have dabbled in some cheap arty kits recently and I find them pleasant to build and look good when finished.

Thirdly a little more weathering ie dirt, dust, rust maybe will bring out all that is to offer with your build (even though you stated it was a poor kit)

Forthly like your work, cheers and good luck
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 05:23 PM UTC
Nice. Looks like a good, solid build. I agree with Dan, I think a little more weathering would enhance the kit. Perhaps a small vignette base?
 _GOTOTOP