_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Help-Suggestion for a M1114 turret gunner?
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 01:44 AM UTC
Hey guys, just wanted to get input for a good figure that I can use for my M1114. I need a gunner to man a Mk19 Grenade launcher that I have on.

Help with a conversion will be helpfull also.

Pictures would be a plus.

Thansk in advance!
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 01:52 AM UTC
Pete,

Warriors # 35529 M-1025 Crew OIF...driver and Mk19 Gunner will be perfect for your project.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 01:53 AM UTC
How about the standing Soldier from the Nemrod US Hummer crew set? He could have his arms modified or switched out to be in the turret or manning the gun.

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 02:01 AM UTC
I'm sorry Jason, I should have mentioned that I knew about the Warriors set. I want to see what I can come up with before I purchase that set.

Gino,
And I have that one left from my M1025 model. I will put that one on the list but I really haven't attempted to do a figure conversion even though it would only be the arms.

Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 06:43 AM UTC
Doesn't Tamiya have a gunner with their TOW Humvee?
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:44 AM UTC
Peter they do, and it would work fine, but you'd need to replace the arms completely. They really don't match up to holding a Mk 19...or any crew served weapon for that matter. They were sculpted to hold the missile launcher. I know this because I'm using it right now on mine and its a pain in the butt trying to get right.

Jeff
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 09:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Doesn't Tamiya have a gunner with their TOW Humvee?

Yup, but he is pretty poorly molded with soft details too. Not a very good figure, but he could be made to work, with lots of TLC.
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:50 PM UTC
Well, im not sure if this is what your after, but here is my idea. If your looking to do a bit of figure bashing.............and if you have Tamiya's newer M113A2 kit, the commander / gunner is in a firing position. I wouldnt reccomend using the whole figure as it is kind of poor. However, the arms would be appropriate for firing the Mk.19. You could use the arms on one of Dragons Modern Marine Torso's with MOLLE vest and some legs from whatever (youre not going to see much of them inside the Humvee anyway) to form the correct gunner. Anymore, I find myself kit bashing figures all the time to get the correct poses and fit the correct positions. Some of the AM resin figures are nice, but I prefer to have something differant from the main stream selections. Well, I dont know if I helped or not, but thats my .02.

Gary
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 09:21 PM UTC
DUGH! I forgot I had a bag of those figures up in the closet Gary. Thanks for the reminder. But I still would like for input and examples of some of the figures you all have bashed together/

troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 09:44 PM UTC
I'll try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow. I dont have any on my laptop at work, but these figures were all bashed...................

The driver is Tamiya's drivers legs plus Dragons Modern US Marines torso and arms. The Guy on the M2 is also mixed and matched legs, torso, and arms from the same kit. I did however change the hands with some from the scrap box because I wante the gunner to have a cigarette in one hand and the other on the M2. The guy walking with the gas can is pretty much built right out of the box. The only differance was I removed the kits SINCGARS back pack, and added a camelback made out of chewing gum and masking tape. I almost forgot, the body armor covering the gunners groin was made by building up 3 layers of masking tape, then cutting it to shape and painting it. I have some more bashed figures at home. I'll have to take some pictures and send them to you.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 09:59 PM UTC
CHEWING GUM?

Your gunner is what I am going after. That is perfect. He is not in the firing position, yet he looks like he is ready to fire.

troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 02:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

CHEWING GUM?

ROTFL Yup, Chiclets to be exact. I have pretty good success with those most of the time. Honestly, better then sculpting clay LOL
 _GOTOTOP