_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Photo Gallery Page Navigation
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 10:25 PM UTC
I've been experiencing a problem recently when attempting to view past the 1st page in any of the Kitmaker photo galleries. I've tried it logged in and not logged in, same result. I can access the first page of 10 images without problems, but can't navigate to the additional pages to see the rest. For example, the Feb 2007 AMoM gallery displays a count that says 1 to 10 of 14, but clicking on the underlined 2 or the advance arrow makes an attempt to load the page but returns the same 10 images instead of the remainder that should be? Not sure if it's a unique problem to me or if others are experiencing similar problems.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 10:31 PM UTC
Bill,
I will take a look at that. I recently had to correct a bug I introduced myself which had been an attempt to get all images to display on one page if there was voting category involved. However that was backfiring and every category in the gallery was showing up to 10,000 images on one page (and we have some with 2300 images). So that was disabled.

My change may be having the side-effect you mention as I know the old system use to scramble the photos so that on page 2 for instance you would see some of the same items you saw on page 1. This should only be happening with vote-enabled "contest" categories.

Thanks,
Jim
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 04:52 AM UTC
It only started happening recently, some time at the end of Jan/early Feb I think as I noticed it when the results for the January AMoM were announced and I tried to view the gallery then. Sounds like it might match up with the change you mention Jim.
 _GOTOTOP