_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Editor Team mostly filled in
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 10:42 AM UTC
I recently posted the names of those who are going to be assiting me with entering new content (your submissions or their own) on the site. I have some more people to add to the list. This will likely be the size of the team for a while until I can see how well this process is working. I am still interested in a Warship Editor, but to be very honest I really want to find someone who's sole focus is ship building. So if you are a ship builder with some HTML and image processing experience, and want to help develop our warship community (which is a pretty small gang right now obviously) then please contact me.

Ok...on to the (mostly complete) team. These are in no particular order, but I did group some of them.

Jim Lewis (Guntruck) - Armor Editor
Many of you know Gunnie from his work on www.guntruck.com, and also as a moderator and contributor on the site. I had the chance to meet Gunnie last weekend at a model show in San Jose and see his work in person. It was a treat.

Ronny Noben (Roadkill) - Assistant Armor Editor
We obviously have more armor content than anything else (how did that happen #:-) ), so I thought that some help was needed for our Armor Editor. I am sure that Ronny will be a fine addition to this team as he has always shown a keen interest in the site and even in building up tutorial content here and his own site.

Bryan Dewberry (Tin_Can) - Aircraft Editor
One of the very first people I met in person after starting up Armorama, Bryan has been an invaluable help in keeping the site fresh and stocked with pictures and news stories. I know he will do a great job on this task when the US Navy allows him the time.

Anders Heintz - Figures Editor
Anders is someone that has a real passion for this hobby. I have seen it in the countless informative posts he has made on the site and past feature contributions. I know he will do a good job as the Figure Editor with all that energy. He has already shown a lot of leadership in helping make Armorama a great place for figure builders.

Danny Wennekes - Diorama Editor
Danny (Eagle) has always been a great advocate of the site. When he arrived his enthusiasm for the community was really contagious and certainly lead to new users finding and joining the community. I know he will add his mark to making the Diorama section an even more interesting area than it already has been.

Paulo R. Castro (ArmouredSprue) - Brazilian Portuguese Editor
Looking in the database it would appear that Paulo joined the site at during a magical 24hr time period. Here is what I mean; User_82: Werner Kampfhofer, User_83: Ralph Persisco, User_84: Keith Magee, and User_85: Paulo Castro. All four of these guys have been amazingly active users on the site since January of 2002. From pratically day one of his joining Paulo has been busy helping me with making Armorama a better site. That is why I am proud (and happy) to make him and Jose (see below) the first Editors that will be working to further build up our non-English versions of the site.

Jose Brazuna Fontes (Tuga) - Portuguese Editor
Jose has also shown a consistant interest in working to better the site and it's Portuguese user-base. So I am glad he will be there to help Paulo with adding content for them. Jose and Paulo asked me early on if some of our contributors would give permission for thier articles to be translated into Portuguese, so if you have something related to modeling techniques that you would like to share with them please contact Paulo, Jose, or myself.

And last...but not least!

Rob Gronovius (Sabot) - Editor-at-Large
As User # 8 Rob has certainly been with me from early on (day two, I think). And his efforts at promoting the site and engaging users in the forum were (and still are) instrumental in the success of this site. Like many of our veteran users, Rob helps add something to the site that can not be easily quantified. Knowledge of course, but a desire to share (when possible) that experience and knowledge too. That is one of the core beliefs I had when setting this site up, so I am glad there are users like Rob and others who are making it a reality. Rob will be our Editor-at-Large. I sort of borrowed this concept from the ole "Reporter-at-large" designation, that being someone who gets to go out and find their own stories to write about. I know he is working on something right now, so we probably won't have to wait long to see something from him.

Thanks to all of these great guys for their hard work. I really appriciate the help. With this additional help I can really focus more on building in some additional areas of the site that can help us become an even better modeling community.

Cheers,
Jim
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 03:51 PM UTC
I would like to say thank you to all who tossed thier hats into the ring and voluteered thier time and effort.
Jim - you have assembled a great team. All I can say is Good Job - "Again"

_GOTOTOP