_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Problem with wash
RATPATROL
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:14 PM UTC
Hi guy's!! I hope someone can tell me where i went wrong,on my jeep i have a base coat of model master olive drab enamel i applied my decals(night before),put on one coat of future, and let dry for several hours.I made a wash mixture of 80%isopropyl alcohol and20%tamiya red brown acrylic paint.When i applied the wash the future seemed to lift along with my decals. I straightened out the decals best i could,but now the wash seems to have a off white crusty look on areas where wash was thickest.
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:18 PM UTC
Simple to answer.

You did not listen to us you naughty boy You need to let the future dry AT LEAST 24h!!! (I let it dry up to 3 days!)

That is the problem, my friend.

Solution: strip the model and start again
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:23 PM UTC
What I would do in your case is let the wash mistake dry for at very least a full day, more if you have the patience - go 48 to 72 hrs.
Apply the Future again - this should get rid of the "white crusty" areas - try a test spot on the worst area. Let this fully dry again, than proceed with your wash.
Let us know what happens.
RATPATROL
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:50 PM UTC
Thank you! I must have missed the part about drying for 24 hrs .I will try to pay closer attention.so i don't waste anybodys time.
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I will try to pay closer attention.so i don't waste anybodys time.

Hela, I did not mean it like that, we don't mind and it happens to all of us. i was just joking around, ask away, if you don't get it, ask again and again and again :-)
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 02:18 AM UTC
Are you sure that some kind of alchool does't "attack" Future? I know that on the Future bottle is written that to remove it you have to use a solution of water and ammonia, but it happened to me that Future bacome matt when by mistake I dropped one ot two drops of alchool on a model ready to put decals on after 2 or 3 days from future application...
 _GOTOTOP