_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
FEATURE
Building DML’s SiG 33B
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 04:41 AM UTC
Hi folks,

You''ve read his blog and for some of you, followed it diligently so here''s immortalizing his work as a build feature.

I would also like to take the opportunity to encourage everyone to follow this method of blogging your builds and then submit a build feature from it.

Thanks for the submission Bill!

Building DML’s SiG 33B

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Removed by original poster on 02/16/07 - 01:52:15 (GMT).
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 01:02 AM UTC
Thanks for putting this one up as a Feature Jeremy, I'd chalk it up to the Valentine's Day stampede and the fact that many already commented in the Build Log thread.
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 383 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 02:46 AM UTC
I already made a few post in Bill's original building thread, but hey!, if this can help here's another round of "Wow!, great built" :-)

I should also add that this feature is now bookmarked for the day I'll find one at my LHS (or order one from an online store )

mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 03:53 AM UTC
Good on you both, Bill for writing the feature and Jeremy for posting it, nice one fella's.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I should also add that this feature is now bookmarked for the day I'll find one at my LHS (or order one from an online store )

Richard, knowing that is far more gratifying than gathering up a bunch of attaboys since that was the main reason for keeping the log in the first place.

Mark, thanks for your comments as well!
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 11:18 AM UTC
Another great article Bill sorry i havent replied sooner but comp layed down on me, its always appreciated even if not always said so.

Ron.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2007 - 12:32 AM UTC
Thanks Ron, glad to hear you're back online, missed you the past couple of days, hope that didn't slow your factory down any?
KCBuilder
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:53 PM UTC
Bill,

Simply put this is really well done. Everything. I have already printed it off and will use it as a reference for when I build my sIG 33B. Besides really helping in identifying what to look out for in the build, I really learned a lot from your painting and weathering methods.

For my sIG I hope to put an engine in it and open up the rear compartments and have two mechanics working on it. It is going into a small Stalingrad diorama.

Thanks again,

Marty

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hi Bill,

Interesting and useful article and a really excellent looking kit. Not a big fan of German armour but I like this one.

Cheers

Al
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 04:09 AM UTC
Thanks Alan, have to agree that it's got a strange appeal to it that's hard to pin down, but the moment I saw it available I scooped it up until the time was right to build it.
daffyduck
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 155 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 09:25 AM UTC
Hi all,

Nice article Bill, I'm building this one right now...as well as a few others.

Only issue I see is the instructions show a Stanlingrad camo of Dark Yellow, Red Brown, etc...but I would think this should be Panzer Gray? Also, no exhaust deflector?

Pretty nice kit...kinda falls together.

Paul
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,

Nice article Bill, I'm building this one right now...as well as a few others.

Only issue I see is the instructions show a Stanlingrad camo of Dark Yellow, Red Brown, etc...but I would think this should be Panzer Gray? Also, no exhaust deflector?

Pretty nice kit...kinda falls together.

Paul

Paul,

The instructions do have an error in that regard...the camo scheme and markings they provide in the finishing guide are for a 1943 vehicle, not the Stalingrad vehicles. Of the 24 built, 12 were used in Stalingrad and would've been straight Panzer Gray, the other 12 were delivered later and would've been done in the dunkelgelb/camo scheme.

As for the heatshield, the StuG III-E was the basis for these and they didn't have the heatshield fitted.
 _GOTOTOP