_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Free image hosting?
gunnerk19
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 04:58 AM UTC
Hi all, got a tiny problem I need help with. i'm currently using Boomspeed.com for my pic server, but my free storage limit is just about used up; In lieu of having to delete files from it as most of them are posted on the web here and there, what other free hosting servers are there that I can store images with?

Thanks in advance!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 05:22 AM UTC
armorama.com @ MSN is available - it's a link on the home page - top right of the screen.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 12:23 PM UTC
I'm in trouble with MSN : I reached my size limit. I've been deleting some pics to make room for new ones, but I'm back at the limit again now. Since those pics are all on Armorama, I don't want to delete them. What now ?
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 02:57 PM UTC
Webshots allows you to store 240 pics, no size restrictions, no view limits, for free. They give you a program that manages your onine pics and everything. If you upgrade to their pay account, you can pay as little as $1.89 a month and store 3,000 images with no size restrictions or view limits. They even offer statistics for your albums. I have three folders that have been viewed 3,500 times in the last month or so. You can click my link below to see my folders. I do not pay for my account.

Rob
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 05:36 PM UTC
Webshots doesn't allow hotlinking however, and I'm pretty sure that's what GF is looking for.

Geocities doesn't allow hotlinking of images, but they do allow you to hotlink to *.txt files. You get 11 (I think) megs for free. Just upload your image files with the extension of .txt instead of .jpg and let the browser figure out that it is an image file instead of a text file. It works. Geocities had some reliability issues in the past, but I haven't had a problem with them recently.
 _GOTOTOP