_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
DAK uniform colour
rdickson
Visit this Community
Stredocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 08:23 PM UTC
Hi all,

here´s my problem: in my hobby shop, I was told, that DAK uniform colour is Valejo 70833 - german cam. bright green, but when i tried it, it looks to me too bright and too green, even for a brand new uniform... am I right or wrong? anyhow, what do you use for DAK uniforms?

thanks, matous
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 08:35 PM UTC
Welcome and congrats on your first post.
Do a web search for DAK uniforms, there are several sites out there with examples of these uniforms. Then use the tried and true Mk. I Eyeball to match up a good color. With variations in dye batches and fading from teh desert sun, you can get away with several shades of green and khaki.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi Matous. There is no single true colour. The uniforms were made in different issues and usually different companies, so even in a new state, there were differences. Then after wear & tear, fading/bleaching, washing, weathering, etc. the colours had a comlpete spectrum.
I usually start with a sand colour, and add a green, grey or brown to I get something I like and use this as a base colour. Shadows are usually got by adding more of the green grey or brown (plus black when needed) and the highlights are usually what ever sand colour I started with (and some white or buff when needed). Changing the base sand colour, and a different green or grey or brown with each new uniform, gives nice variation to your figures.
Hopes this helps.
Foxy
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 08:59 PM UTC
matous, there are always different oppinions on a realiable choice for a specific uniform color.

Here is link with Vallejo equivalents that seam to be very reliable.

Hope that helps.
rdickson
Visit this Community
Stredocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 09:55 PM UTC
usefull hints, one amateur is very thankfull for that.

happy modelling! matous
 _GOTOTOP