_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Question on Trumpeter ind. track links
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:10 PM UTC
Hi all,

after reading Rob's post on AMS, I decided to start the Trumpeter Ti-67 next.
The vinyl tracks that come with my kit are badly warped and although I will be able to straighten them out with hot water, I would like to replace them. On the side of the box, there's a picture of workable track with resin idlers and sprockets. In the Chinese text the number LT02005 is mentioned. The question is : does anyone know whether Trumpeter ever marketed these???
I have never seen them here and all the other Trumpeter kits are readily available. Perhaps this one was cancelled?
TIA
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2002 - 07:14 PM UTC
Never mind, people........
I found them already, they are manufactured by Armour Track Models, also from China. It looks like a nice set. Idlers and sprockets are resin, the links are plastic. They can be used on all the Trumpeter T-54/55 series tanks, including the Chinese derivatives. It won't be easy for me to get them though....
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:52 PM UTC
David, you may also try looking for the Esci/AMT/Ertl boxings of the T-55, T-55A(M), Ti-67 (Israeli version). These kits came with link and length tracks, which is a good compromise between individual track links and vinyl tracks. I picked up two kits in the same box for $10 (T-55A), and these kits go for less than $10 normally. It may be a cheaper alternative than trying to get Chinese resin tracks.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:53 PM UTC
David, here's a place online that has them. I got you to the page where they start listing Armour Tracks products. I'll look around a bit more to see if anyone else is offering them:

http://208.131.42.17:591/vph/FMPro?-db=vph%5fdb.fp3&-format=newres.html&-sortfield=Category&-sortfield=Item%20Code&Publication%20Name=MA&new=Yes&-max=50&-skip=300&-find=
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:58 PM UTC
Just in case you're not sure which kit to use David, this is the set you'll need for your build:

# TK-05 : Soviet Model 1946 580mm TRACK - Russian Tank T-54/55/62/ZSU-57-2
Chinese Tank T-59/69/79/80/85II, Israel Tank Ti-67
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 05:34 AM UTC
Kence, Sabot,
thanks a lot for the info. I have the Esci Ti-67 and T-55, so I could use those tracks. I could use the vinyl ones with the Esci Ti-67, since I heard that kit is not so accurate (is that correct??).
My first idea was to cast resin copies of the Esci link and length tracks. Of course swapping them is easier.
The problem for me with online buying is that I don't have a credit card, so that complicates things. I went to the bank once to ask about international money orders, but they claim they don't know what that is!?!?!!? Stupid, backward country Holland LOL
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 06:15 AM UTC
David, does Holland use the Euro? I found a dealer a little closer to home for you. The link below is the homepage for Armour Track Models , below that is the dealer in the Czech Republic. On the left side of ATM's homepage is a link to the available dealers around the world.

If all else fails and you still can't get em, let me know with a PM, and I'll happily help you out.

http://www.armourtrack.com/

Czech Republic
Panzer Shop
Olga Matejkova, Nadrazni813/3, 33901 Klatovy, Czech republic
Email: [email protected]
Home page: http://www.panzershop.iol.cz/shopaj.htm
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 06:23 AM UTC
Kence,

visited the site and it looks interesting. I read all the ordering instructions and the problem is, he wants you to fax him, but I don't have a fax....
I know, I'm a total nincompoop (spelling??) when it comes to that.... I think I will e-mail him and ask if that is really necessary. Maybe he knows another way.
Thanks for the offer though and I just might take you up on it
 _GOTOTOP