_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter 39(H) 10.5cm LeFH18(Sf) auf Geschut
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Armorama: 269 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:28 PM UTC
Turning to the axis side for a while now.Not a bad kit. I did shorten the tracks by 2 links-better yet aftermarket tracks would be the best bet. tamiya tools and a Dragon machine gun. Crosses from my spares box-the kit's broke up.

RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 383 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:41 PM UTC
Nice one. The marking looks quite clean as if you put them after the weathering?

Also you saided you removed two links from the tracks. They look like the rubber band type. How did you do this?

Thanks for sharing.
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:03 PM UTC
Nope-the markings were added before the weathering. The rubber band tracks have pins and holes in 4 track segments. I simply removed the outer 2 on both ends.

Mike
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:33 PM UTC
nice job Mike i love the camo and weathering, i recently built the pak version and did the same thing on the tracks, i intend to build this one and the command version at some point, on the pak model the interior had to be trimmed to fit in some places was this the same?.
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:56 PM UTC
Thanks Ron,

Probably the same part. F26 the portion that goes behind the ready ammo box needed to be trimmed off. Also the forward section of the upper works were wide but the rear was a good fit to the hull. I had to tape the front squeezed together to mate with the hull till the cement dried.

Mike

telsono
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 01:51 AM UTC
I have this vehicle in my stash as well. After much trying I finally found some information about its use. There were only 24 vehicles produced, and all served with the 21st Panzer Division in Normandy in 1944.

Concord Publications "German Self Propelled Guns" CPC 7022 has a single photo of one with green blotches over dark yellow.

Ther is a picture on the cover of :
21 Panzer Division: Normandy, Tarnopol, Arnhem (Hardcover)
by JeanClaude Perrigault (Author)
with the sister vehicle (Marder I) in the same green blotch pattern for the period of the Normandy Invasion.

Anyone have found anymore information on it? I know one example still exists at the Saumer Tank Museum.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP