_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Desperately looking for Sus...oops TMs
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 07:27 AM UTC
Hi
As I was looking for WW2-era TMs, I saw on Portrayal Press's website that their books are sold in England by Chris Evans Books (www.chrisevansbooks.com). That should allow me to buy them online, using my trusty Visa credit card (something impossible on PP's website).But the e-mails and the fax I have sent to this bookseller for informations have remained unanswered so is there any reliable replacement source for TMs (with an online ordering system, if possible...) ?
TIA
Frenchy
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 07:33 AM UTC
TM's ????????????????????????????????????
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 07:56 AM UTC
Hi Martin

TM = Technical Manual (I am a lazy guy )

Frenchy
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 08:15 AM UTC
Frenchy,

Why don't you try ordering from Portrayal Press directly? They might ship to France.

I used to order from Portrayal Press to build my TM Library, but stopped several years ago. On e-Bay, I've been able to find a great deal of the TM's I've been looking for. And, best of all, they're 50% the cost of the Portrayal Press price, and they're originals - Portrayal Press versions are nicely made copies. That didn't mean too much to me at first, but to get an original and at half the price, it was a no-brainer...

Gunnie
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hi Gunnie

Maybe I should think this over. But it is the absence of credit card billing system on Portrayal's website that has detered me from ordering directly from them. International Money Order is another possibility but it is more complicated and it is not free . I should maybe try my luck on E-bay (it would be the first time for me )
Thanks for your reply.
BTW Gunnie, I am still interested by M39 pics

Frenchy
 _GOTOTOP