_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
campaign question
plasticman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 02:46 PM UTC
Hi everyone, Im sort of new to armorama. A couple questions I have. How does this campaign build work? Do you just pick a project for that time period and build it? Then submit pictures of your project?. Just alittle confused, please fill me in, I'd like to join in at some time. Thanks!
Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 02:56 PM UTC
Hi Sean!
Campaigns are......great!

Basically, a campaign is a bunch of us plastic freaks all building models of a certain subject, type, variant, etc., sharing the build as we go, with lots of discussion in the forums, and progress pictures being shared as well...at any given time, there are many campaigns running on any one of the KitMaker sites, which gives you a big choice of genres to model.

Each campaign has it's own set of rules, guidelines, and time frame, and if you click on the "Campaigns" tag, you will see a list of the currently operating campaigns. Click on each individual campaign to read the campaign guidelines, and if you want to participate in that campaign, all you have to do is hit the "enlist" button, and get busy!

Campaigns here at KitMaker are a great way to make friends, learn, share, and enjoy this love of plastic fiddly bits that we all share...and at the end of the campaign, if you complete it succesfully, you'll get a really cool ribbon to display on your profile page, for each campaign that you finish... hope this answers your query, mate, and hope to see you in one or more of the Kitmaker campaigns!
Cheers,
~Gunny

plasticman
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC
thanks gunny, I will give it a try in the near future. sounds like fun. Thanks again... Cheers!
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 12:07 PM UTC
I can agree with everything Mark said above. Campaigns are great!

However, there are a few main rules to remember:
I are not allowed to submit projects that are half finished or entirely finished. I should only begin building, painting etc. after the start date.
A model can only be entered into one campaign - at least as a main rule.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to see you in a campaign in the future
 _GOTOTOP