_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Napoleon time table 1/72
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:42 AM UTC
Had these dio made during the time I thought and swear only 1/72 scale geot a challenge about 1/35 got hocked. Have another one of Waterloo the charge of the Scout against the artillerie got broken down by the Polish Lancier with the Cuirassier. Will sebnd it another time.
Now the question anyone for critics

RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 10:50 PM UTC
I see a lot of comment.
Now is the question it seams that 1/72 scale diorama aren't often showed, WHY?
I can tell you that 1/72 scale model is as diffecult to paint as 1/35 but the 1/35 needs more details for a diorama but you find more product for 1/35 than 1/72.
Modeling, it doesn't matter which sizes you model it is still a kind of art or not?
So what is the problem with 1/72
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 11:13 PM UTC
Rima,

You are right, I have seen a lot of 1/72 dioramas and some are just awesome, the advantage of 1/72 is also that you can create bigger scenes, on the other hand, creating bigger scenes also create bigger problems in the line of story telling, layout etc..

You dio looks great, but I am in no position to give any critique, since I am no 1/72 builder and have no Napoleon era knowledge, sorry

But ... Rima, I am sure that others will respond, give it some time, ok, you posted it and you expected a immediate response (so it seems), but frankly, there are not many Napoleon Diorama builders here, don't expect that 2000 members or constantly only looking for post to respond to (they or not all like me #:-))

Like I said, I looks great to me, but who am I???
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 11:19 AM UTC
Nice subject matter here... and seemingly well executed.

The only thing negative I can say about 1:72 is that the scale is so small, the pieces always appear to be "a toy"... while much artistic value is obvious here, in such a small scale, faces are just a dab of paint, and coats and uniforms are far harder to discern. in the larger 1:35 scale format, you can see detail down to the buttons and eyebrows on the figures, and this begins to allow the viewer to impart a greater sense of reality. 1:72 is fun to see, especially a HUGE display, but for realism, 1:35 is the smallest scale I have seen that has strong detail value.
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 09:36 AM UTC
You are totally right there this also why I went from 1/72 sclae to 1/35 the challenge is bigger and there for better. Ihope that my next post 1/72 scale from waterloo will surprise you I went deffenetly crazy about it neede nearly a year to make it i will do my best to sent it this week end.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 09:55 AM UTC
I actually think this is great work Rima. Its lovley to see and yes 1/72 is appreciated but as others and yourself have stated, the variety is not there. Actually a 1/72 dio displayed beside bigger scale dios makes the effect even better. At the end of the day you should please yourself first and worry about the rest later. Looking forward to your Waterloo dio!
 _GOTOTOP