_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Jumbo Sherman Conversion Sets
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:49 PM UTC
There has been a lot of discussion recently about Jumbo Sherman models.

I was lucky enough to spend some time yesterday surveying the various Jumbo Sherman conversions available.

Thanks to avukich (Adam Vukich in "real life") for sharing his copy of the Blast Models Conversion set.

You can see a comparison of the three most widely available detail sets at the following link -

Jumbo Sherman Conversions

After viewing the various parts for an hour or so, there was NO doubt that the Blast Models set has set a new standard for conversion sets.

Later,
Tim
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 02:49 PM UTC
Wonderful job putting that informative side-by-side comparrison together Tim.
Blast Models seems to be the best of the three. I just wish I did not spend so much this past week on other goodies, otherwise I'd be ordering it tonight.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:07 AM UTC
I have the same opinion as Tim on this one. If you are going to go through the trouble to convert a kit, why not use a really great conversion kit. The Blast conversion looks to have gotten it very accurate whereas the other two are close, but no cigar.
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wonderful job putting that informative side-by-side comparrison together Tim.
Blast Models seems to be the best of the three. I just wish I did not spend so much this past week on other goodies, otherwise I'd be ordering it tonight.

Thanks for the nice words about the "Jumbo Review"... it was a lot of fun.. and also interesting to see the differences in the scope of each of the conversions. I will be building at least two and possibly three of these models in the near future, so, I hope to expand on the information contained in the review.

Later,
Tim
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hey Adam, nice side by side stuff, and I liked the comments at the bottom of the pics...how many people forget to tell which piece goes to which company?

How does the top of the Blast Models Tranny Cover look compared to the pic I put up of the real deal? Does it have the "double-step" for the added thickness of the tranny cover?
Bravo21
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 05:59 AM UTC
Tim,

I think your pictures finally put to rest any speculation about which Jumbo conversion is the best one: it's Blast. Mine is on order and I can't wait to get it.

I like your website too: tankshack.com Definitely worth a bookmark.
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 06:12 AM UTC
Dave,
Thanks for checking out the review... and for the nice words about the website.

As far as the Blast Models set, I have seen some of their other products and I have to say that the level of detail is just outstanding. No area is left untouched. For example, all of the casting numbers that were added to the parts. Look at this image -

The level of detail is also very consistent throughout the set.

Later,
Tim

_GOTOTOP