_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Honeycutt Periscope Guards Experiment
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 03:38 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Thanks to Brad I've been experimenting with the make your own periscope guards method he outlined some time ago. Apologies these vehicles have been around before but I never added the guards not wanting to work with PE or really knowing how !!!!!

here's the results so far.

M4 Sherman Mk 1 - 1NY

M4 Sherman Ic Firefly - FGH

Question. Does anyone make a deep wading stack for the M4? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere but I couldn't find any last night when I was on the web. Also does anyone make the funnel shapped antenna without having to buy a whole set of PE?

Cjeers

Al
INDIA11A
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 577 posts
Armorama: 446 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 05:52 PM UTC
I have a set of wading trunks left over from an Academy USMC M4A2 and no plans to use them. Yours if you can use them. Just PM me with your mailing info. Looks like the gaurds turned out well but hard to see. I also have a couple of the antenna mount (Dragon PE) if you want them.

Doug
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi Doug,

You're a star. PM on its way. Thanks for the feedback. If I try to get too close with my camera it just blurrs, but they look the part which is abou as close as anyone gets lol, lol.

Cheers

Al
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 12:35 PM UTC
Gday Al
They look the duck's guts
Glad the SBS was of some use. I'm close to doing the same with my guards on the latest M4 that's floating about here somewhere...
Cheers
Brad
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 04:51 PM UTC
They look good and considering how hard the PE ones are to work with these are probably a much better alternative!

Cheers,

James
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 09:14 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Brad thank sagain fopr the tip and James I agree they are easier to work with then PE and very, very cheap.

Based on that I will attend to the IG Mk V's and VC Firefly. Got the new UltracasTankers and I hope they will work for the crew as I was never really happy with the original figs I used.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP