_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
MM Color Charts
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 07:07 PM UTC
Is there any online reference or color chart for the Model Master series of paint.

I am painting a 1/72 Hasagawa F-20 Tigershark.....painting it the same colors as a CF-18...sort of a What If project. The CF-18 decals I picked up have some painting instructions in it...and they say that the light grey color on the bottom is Light Ghost Grey, and the top color is Medium Grey. Now our local hobby shop is out of both colors, and I don't have any either...the closest I have is Light Grey and Gunship Grey.....the Light Grey I could probably get away with as a substitute for the Light Ghost Grey, but the Gunship Grey will be much darker than the Medium Grey....I was just wondering if there was an online source with the paint charts so I could compare the colors and try and mix paint to try and match.

I could just have the hobby shop order them in....but I am afraid if I wait for him to get them...I won't get the F-20 finished in time for the Hobby show coming up in Halifax at the first of April....so I can't really wait for him to get the colors in!! Same goes for my other question about the Metalizer Sealer.....can't really wait for him to get them in!!!
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 454 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 03:55 AM UTC
I have JPG Images of MM acryl, MM2, And MM FS, If youd like them [email protected] And I will send them to you
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 02:26 PM UTC
I use this as my Bible for color matching...hope it is of some use. (especially as it just got me promoted!!)

colors

Mike

propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 454 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:05 AM UTC
Great Site!, Ive noticed that of the major paint suppliers, few have RLM colors... Thats why MM Acryl was always my fav.

Quoted Text

I use this as my Bible for color matching...hope it is of some use. (especially as it just got me promoted!!)

colors

Mike

m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:34 AM UTC
Here's the color charts from Testor's in pdf format:

http://www.testors.com/brand_category.asp?brandNbr=4
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 02:00 PM UTC
Thanks MJ and M1, both of these sites have been very helpful to since I use MM and I'm always wondering what other colors they compare to.
 _GOTOTOP